• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old Cat ,new owner

lorenzo

Found a 1450 Super IMP that's been sitting for 15 years or more.
Started looking for help and found this Forum .
In the last three weeks prior to being a member here I have successfully removed the fuel tank for cleaning, installed a new fuel line with filter, changed the points and condenser, plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor, air cleaner and battery and she started right up as if it was new. Then I moved on to replacing both master cylinders and slave cylinders, brake lines and oil in the rear end.
Now I'm working on some track problems. I have a couple new bogie wheels coming and a pair of new front casters that mount on the front track adjusters.
So long story short three weeks ago it hadn't moved or ran for 15+ years and now it starts, runs, and moves under it's own power.
So far I want to thank
Dan at Snocat service,
Spryte Improvement,
Minnesota Outdoor sports,
Zaugg America Mountain Services group,
Remote services
And Some crazy character in Nome Alaska named Don.

So Hello from Nebraska.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to this forum, Lorenzo.

Glad you got the old cat running.

Hope you'll share some adventures :)

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When winter comes we may have to get together and find some snow. There are a couple of machines here in Iowa, and a couple in Topeka Kansas as well..

You have been bitten by the bug... :flowers:

Get her done as they say. :clap:

Regards, Kirk

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Sounds like you've been busy!

lorenzo

Thanks everyone, Im still trying to figure out the method of posting pictures on this forum .
I found the original track jacks under the seat after I got this home and tried to post a picture of them on another thread unsuccessfully .
Thanks to Dan at Snocat service I was able to obtain the original build sheet where it shows they were ordered with the machine when new. They look slightly different then the others pictured in that thread so I will try to get a picture on for the members here.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Were in Nebraska are you located?

I am in West Central Iowa.

I think you need to use a web host to put your pictures in then import them here. I wish I could recommend photo bucket, as I use it. But I am not very happy with it either..

Michigan is fun in February... :biggrin: We have a great time at the Clowder...

Regards, Kirk