• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier BR 60 for sale in canada

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wonder why the cab looks so off center in the pic? Did he just set it on for the pic?

treeeman00

as does this pic. This must be standard on the 80's machines. As I recall a member on here had a 92 br60+ that the cab was not offset.

Attachments

• 100_1205.jpg
    100_1205.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,591

northeastheavy

That 1992 BR60+ was me. Just sitting here wishing I never sold it!!! My BR60+ was not an offset cab like this one. No idea why they would offset, unless it was for grooming as most of these are used for. Not a bad price!!
Sold mine for twice that.

Attachments

• img_0719.jpg
    img_0719.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,992

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Perhaps they were offset so the operator was centered for the groomer. It would be handy for plowing as well.

treeeman00

Although it has a perkins diesel, it is not turbo. Has the 747 tranny instead of the allison. I havent heard much bout the 747 trannies. I thought about going and picking it up but its 7 hours from me and I do not have a passport and I just think it would tae to long to get it.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The 747 tranny was a Mopar workhorse for years. They hold up good but their flexplates were iffy.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
So with the couple of BR-60 posts lately I was checking around to see if I could find any for sale. I moved a few boxes around down in the basement here and found this dusty old thread. I’ve wondered about the offset can myself and think I know why.

The cab on the 60 is offset so the operator can be sitting over the differential because it uses mechanical brake steer levers. The 60+ has hydraulic actuators so there isn’t a need to be centered over the dif.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe that’s not why, I guess there are lots of other machines that offset the controls not the cab. Oh well, I’ll keep wondering I suppose

Edited after thought:
I take it back. All of the off-centered driver cats are rear sprocket. The front sprocket machines put the driver in the middle i.e. bombi , 201

Last edited: