• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

True Grit

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Liked the new movie. Still think the Duke is, well, the best.

Wanted to check out the original, and also actually read the book. Have not seen the original in a long time. Seems everyone is sold out. At least Amazon, Borders and local stores. Can't seem to find the Roster Cogburn movie either; I have a book I got when I was a kid. It is more a script for the movie.

Anyone read the book?

I want to see the movie too. I love Jeff Bridges. But like you I want to see the original again first. The original is usually always the best. Glad to see you liked the new one though and it's worth seeing.

snow dog

I want to see the movie too. I love Jeff Bridges. But like you I want to see the original again first. The original is usually always the best. Glad to see you liked the new one though and it's worth seeing.

Sorry Dear, The first is not always the best :whistling:

snow dog

I have not seen the second True Grit. Movie place are a long way away. But they have to go some to improve on the original

My 2 cents

mak2

The ads really look good, might be the first movie I see at the movies in years.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm glad they didn't try to chang the ethnicticity of rooster cogburn or his name like they did in walking tall mr rock did a good job in the movie and it was a simmilar story line to the origional but that story was based om beauford pusser and happenings in the south and a movie of that name should have stayed that way the new karatie kid was the same way i got the impression they were trying to make it more politicaly correct the kids were waching it the other night and it just wasn't as good as the origonal finaly bourne identy was a good flick with matt damion but once again i liked the story of the origional much better it just felt more cold warish.i will have to see the new one i'mbetting it's good but nobody can beat the duke in the role of rooster cogburn

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Just got the book from Borders. Probably start reading this eve; have to do tractor stuff now :D