• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lake Placid Olympic Ski Jump

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
We took a trip to Lake Placid two weekends ago. Two of the many things to do there are to tour the ski jump, and extreme tubing down the dry slope landing area. Had to take a peek at the winch cats too.

Attachments

• IMG_6403.jpg
    IMG_6403.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_6374.jpg
    IMG_6374.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_6376.jpg
    IMG_6376.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_6380.jpg
    IMG_6380.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_6402.jpg
    IMG_6402.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_6382.jpg
    IMG_6382.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tough to appreciate just how tall and how much of a drop that is to the landing zone until you get up there, eh?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Tough to appreciate just how tall and how much of a drop that is to the landing zone until you get up there, eh?

Yeah, that is friggin huge! I can't imagine the time it takes to be able to drop in on that. There were some kids in probably their early teens practicing on the smaller jumps under the chairlift, those are no joke either.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah +1 for posting up the trip.

Ski Jumps impress me.

The ABC crash from the world wide sports was produced by some distant relative of my mother.
The Pine Mountain jump in Iron Mountain MI was visited and climbed and to some *not-so-proud* extent trespassed upon, by me as an member of society.
We host our winter snow cat event in and around a Ski Flying facility.

I have come to understand that the flyers are not really far from the ground at any point while at speed. But they are still hauling butt and as a human who has crashed, fell, jumped, Tripped, rolled ect in all sorts of sport. they have nothing but nylon to protect them from contact.

Kudos to the learners their SISU, out paces mine.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, that is friggin huge! I can't imagine the time it takes to be able to drop in on that. There were some kids in probably their early teens practicing on the smaller jumps under the chairlift, those are no joke either.

The son of one of my best buddies (may as well be my nephew) was jumping that day. He just turned 12 and is already jumping from the 50-55M hills. He was going to do the 70M in Conn. last winter (from the 60M start point), but the wind was too variable, so his coach kept him on the smaller hill. I just look at it & think "Oh, hell no.":bolt: