• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dryer

Leni

I really pulled a boo boo this time. I was cleaning out my lint trap and the gaget that holds it. Lint had built up quite a bit under the trap. So I pulled out my trusty vacuum cleaner and the gadget that reaches way down in to get the lint that gets past the trap. Got inturrupted. Lots going on. Getting ready to go to the beach for a week. I start the dryer and a short time later it is making a horrible noise. I had forgotten to put the trap back into the dryer and it had swallowed a sock and was trying for a second. I can't even see the first sock. Now it's a call to the place where I bought it to get the darn thing serviced. At least it's still under warrenty but I don't know if that covers stupidity.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They really are not hard to service and clean out. I have done quite a few over the years. It is most likely jammed in the blower fan. You have to take the belt off the pulley to pull the drum out of some units. I take mine apart every few years to clean the lint out anyway.

Leni

That's good to hear because this is not covered under the warrenty that we have.

Leni

I FINALLY have a working dryer again. I was right, the darn thing swallowed a sock. It was wrapped around the blower fan just as you said Muley. The last two days I've been hanging up stuff to dry where ever I could find a place. It was 110 so it didn't take long for them to dry.