• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm so darn bored with this corona bologna going on. I wish it was over. The only thing to do is take drives, which I like, for 50 to 100 miles a day and maybe go to the grocery store. I've been staying away from Wal-Mart and other big stores. Been 2 1/2 years since I drank any alcohol but it's tempting right now.....I quit because of stomach problems.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting to see if Andrea wants me to work for her tomorrow or next Thursday.
Initially the trade was supposed to be me going in for her tomorrow.
She texted me last night at 11pm and said wait, I need you to do that on the 30th if you can.
Why can't we all just stick to our schedules?
Anyway, it's windy today.
My friend down in Van Wert county lost power last night.
Didn't even know there was bad weather going on.

The crew who are preparing the apartment next door left a radio on in there. I heard music all night long, plus news updates and the local weather.
:chris:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Apparently I am getting FAT :hammer:

I was holding steady at 195# going into the quarantine. For the first couple weeks I was still holding at 195#. And then I fell down the stairs and became a sedentary blob for several days.

All of a sudden I am at 205#

So I'm going to try to be a good boy today. Coffee fasting this morning. Hopefully light eating. And now that I've returned to normal activities I'll get back down to 195#. I hope? The fencing kids are doing 1 hour of intensive workout, led by a member of the Columbian National Team, every Tuesday and Thursday evening (we just started this) and I am doing my best to do the workouts with them. Hopefully that will help get the blubber off of my body.

I'd actually like to be closer to 180# but that has been nothing but a wish for quite some time.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

I was holding steady at 195# going into the quarantine. For the first couple weeks I was still holding at 195#. And then I fell down the stairs and became a sedentary blob for several days.

So I'm going to try to be a good boy today. Coffee fasting this morning. Hopefully light eating. And now that I've returned to normal activities I'll get back down to 195#. I hope? The fencing kids are doing 1 hour of intensive workout, led by a member of the Columbian National Team, every Tuesday and Thursday evening (we just started this) and I am doing my best to do the workouts with them. Hopefully that will help get the blubber off of my body.

I'd actually like to be closer to 180# but that has been nothing but a wish for quite some time.

Better layoff that Mary Kitchen for awhile. My stash of it finally came and after reading that label, I think I am allowed about two tablespoons of the stuff. :th_lmao:

Strong cold front coming in today with high winds, rain and snow tonight. Tomorrow more snow and cold in the 30's. Needless to say my outdoor work is in park for a few days. I sure wish spring would get here, it has been a cold lousy April.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Better layoff that Mary Kitchen for awhile. My stash of it finally came and after reading that label, I think I am allowed about two tablespoons of the stuff. :th_lmao:
Yup, its not good for you but it sure is good.

Strong cold front coming in today with high winds, rain and snow tonight. Tomorrow more snow and cold in the 30's. Needless to say my outdoor work is in park for a few days. I sure wish spring would get here, it has been a cold lousy April.
It was mid-60's here yesterday. Our winds picked up yesterday evening. Got some light rain last night, it started just as I was taking the dogs out before bedtime. Ground was dry this morning when I got up. We will be in the mid-40's here today. If we are lucky we might see 50 degrees. But no more snow in our forecast. Nighttime lows for the next 7 days are predicted to stay above freezing. So we are closer to getting to gardening weather.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

We sound about the same. 205 is my current upper limit. 195 is my seemingly "impossible" target. I can get there for a morning weigh in but never do I get past that number. Seems I have reached plateau of200 lbs.

If I watch what I eat I can get to 195 in about a week.However, one weekend day of binge eating and I'm well over the 205.

:hammer: What's with that?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know about today. It rained during the early morning, not much but enough to get everything wet. There are a couple of things that I need to be doing but it has to dry out first.

Yesterday I put some potatoes in the ground. I actually bought these organic potatoes in the grocery store in a moment of weakness. When I got them home they had started to sprout so I put them aside and forgot about them. I found them again yesterday and decided that if I'm not going to eat them I may as well plant them. We'll see if anything comes up.

I also got out the chainsaw and took care of the apple tree that blew over in the Easter Sunday storms. I stacked the usable wood with the rest of my fruit woods for the smoker.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the garage and did a bit of work on the car. I was planning on maybe uncovering the two quads and get them going so I can get to the Jacobsen mower that's stored behind them.

EXTREME winds the past couple of days have put a damper on most outdoor work. It's -2 celcius with a windchill of about -15 right now.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We sound about the same. 205 is my current upper limit. 195 is my seemingly "impossible" target. I can get there for a morning weigh in but never do I get past that number. Seems I have reached plateau of200 lbs.

If I watch what I eat I can get to 195 in about a week.However, one weekend day of binge eating and I'm well over the 205.

:hammer: What's with that?

Constipation :th_lmao:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Replacing old fence posts today. Usually I screw a2X4 block to the post and use a car jack to pull them straight up. Could not get the old ones to jack out of the hole. So, after breaking two of them off, I dug down.
That's when I remembered how I used to put a 2X4 crossways to the post about two feet down. It kept them stable and plumb. And they did not frost heave.

Great idea until one has to pull them out. However, of the 27 posts involved, not a one of the old ones is out of plumb

I don't plan on replacing them again in my lifetime. And I have to dig them out anyways so it's easy to repeat the method. So, I'll repeat the same construction process on the new fence.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I did get up on the roof and seal the two dings before the rain arrives tomorrow. I did a bunch of string trimming around the house. I even trimmed and cleared the water line from the well house to the lake. After the rain stops I'll hit it with Ground Clear and that should hopefully take care of it for the rest of the year. I also took care of a whole bunch of ant mounds that sprung up since I did them all two weeks ago.

I do hope it rains tomorrow. I could do with a day off. My back and my shoulder are throbbing from toting that string trimmer for over two hours. Damn, I'm getting old.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going out today.

Sold a flip house on Friday. Title company transferred the proceeds to my bank account. But I was in partnership with another guy, he owes me some money. We are going to meet up in a parking lot so I can get the check from him.

Then to the bank.

He's been in isolation too, and I trust him, so any potential exposure will be minimal. I'll still have a mask, sanitizer, gloves, etc.

What will be interesting to see is number of people out on the streets. I'll be in the north part of the county, which is a highly infected area. Meeting at the bank parking lot, but its across from a Target, a big pet store, lots of fast food outlets, and next to a big supermarket. I will be passing a WalMart, 3 big box home/hardware centers, several large grocery stores, etc.

So I'm curious to see how much traffic is in the area, how full (empty) the parking lots are, etc. Are people in that area actually isolating? Or are they going about their business as normal?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Melensdad, that'll be interesting to see. I was in town a week ago for about 10 minutes and my impression was that older people like me might be isolating but younger people, anyone less that about 60, certainly weren't. They weren't wearing any kind of protective equipment either.

I managed to get the trash out this morning before the rain started. It's supposed to get bad again with thunderstorms, high winds and hail. We'll see. Today could be that lazy day that I was hoping for. My back and shoulder still hurt from yesterday but not as badly as I thought it might be.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I too need to go to the bank. I picked up the mail yesterday and had a pleasant surprise waiting for me. A check for $500 bucks from a QSF on a class action lawsuit on some investment funds I had. I did not even know a thing about it, but money is money and I will take it. :th_lmao:

After that off to the garden center to see what is involved in getting mulch once the weather breaks in my favor. Right now there is a couple inches of snow on the ground and temps in the 20's so no mulching today.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to a plant in Sacramento that I went to Monday and priced out yesterday. I took the shop manager with me as it is a little complicated and wanted him to get his own measurements and see what he is building it for. Now it nearly lunch time.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today is my parole day too. I headed to the city to look at a snowmobile. The guy lives an hour away but a friend of his hauled it to the city for me to look at.

I did my morning workout earlier. I'm trying to stay on top of it to be as active as I can be staying with the same routine as when I could go to the gym every Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Like Bob, I'm also going to complete a house deal. I finally sold my small house in Geraldton 3 hours away from here. I bought it back in 99. Lived in it until 2006 then moved and rented it for a few years. In 2011 I moved back into it for a couple years before moving to the city then rented it out again. It's paid for so that'll be nice when the deal closes next week.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Really crappy weather here today but I did get out to see what is left of civilization. We had intended to go out for a long walk but wind, cool weather and rain is keeping us inside. Melen finished her VERY LAST CLASS for law school today. She has final exams during the next 2 weeks. I try to keep my head low and make very little noise when she is studying (for my own health and well being).

The Starbucks had at least (not joking) 20 cars in line for the drive thru. The rest of the stores in the strip mall were vacant and closed. One of the local popular restaurants was closed, FOR SALE signs posted. Most strip malls and stand alone shops had empty parking lots. Construction crews were working on roads.

One of the liquor stores had "call ahead" curb service ... the other couple of liquor stores I passed were closed.

Super market parking lots had "normal" levels of cars for a weekday morning.

Big box hardware/lumber/home centers had "normal" levels of cars for a weekday morning.

Bank drive thru windows had lines, the lobby was closed, so all customers were using drive thru service.

Traffic was probably at 50% of normal.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I went grocery shopping a couple hours ago.
Things are still being carefully adhered to as far as precautions.
That's good!

I wanted to stop and get a sandwich from Subway but they were closed at 7.
So went down the street to DQ, they had a line wrapped all around out into Scott street for cripes sake, so I settled for Wendy's.

Bought a grill pan at Walmart, cleaned the apartment, got all my scrubs laundered for going back to work tomorrow (thank God).
I'm going to hate retirement lol

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, most of the bad stuff with 3" hail stayed to the south of us. We did get some heavy bands of rain pass through. It was more than enough to keep me inside and catch a good nap.

As usual, when my wife returned from town I wasn't allowed to help unload. She did all the work and the wiping down and disinfecting of the stuff that she brought home. So, apart from taking the trash out this morning I did sfa. I have plans for tomorrow though.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I managed to get 7 eight foot sections of pre-assembled cedar fencing up today. I need to set three more to finish closing the yard to the still standing old fence. but it began raining.
It is supposed to rain all day Thursday but I have hope I can get the last three installed.

Only 26 more to go. But first I have to clear branches and reset seven more posts. That will close the entire yard with some older fence still standing.

However, before I hang the next set, I need to bring in three large landscaping boulders to back drop the water fall. As my bucket loader tractor is still in Connecticut I am at a loss how to lift and place them myself.
I could use a Yota Jedi. Anyone know where he is?:bolt:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work today!
I watched old reruns of All In The Family on pluto last night, then proceeded to place a $300 order on Amazon Prime.
Two pairs of sneakers, both Kswiss. One for work, the other for play.. and 3 tshirts.
A Woodstock musical festival, M*A*S*H and Wonder Woman.
:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Morning everyone! The birds are chirping. The sun is shining. The Easter bunny is hanging around out in the yard.

Plans for today include getting the tires back on my son's car to get it out of the garage temporarily to allow me room in there to assemble a welding cart for a flux core welder I picked up last week.

I also want the car outside when I tackle the rocker panels next week with the grinder and welder.
0bdbd06a30b2eed222b173a901670c48.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, there are a ton of rabbits hopping around here too, as well as the deer.
The grackles make a racket in the morning.
Who needs an alarm to wake up?
:tongue:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yawn. Waking up at 5am with no place to go sucks.

Today's big plans include a telephone appointment with my surgeon to get the results of the scope I had back in March and the new (to me) snowmobile is being delivered from Nipigon (an hour away)

It's a package deal. A 2012 arctic xf800 sno pro and the trailer it's sitting on. The trailer needs a new deck installed and the front corner was hit at some point so I got it for a good price.
eec24fc296e395a7773b4b1b9943002b.jpg
43ed266888241b3f068c582afa622424.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got today off.
Nothing planned at all except my usual walk.
I'm working this weekend and picked up 2 extra days next week.
We've got 2 nurses who work prn at a facility in Holgate, but who are regular employees with us.
Since they do that, they aren't permitted to work with us until all this is over.
So... full timers like me are expected to cover for them.

I'll make beef stroganoff in the crock pot.
Face time with the kiddos later.
Jeff (my oldest) shaved off his beard.
He sent me a pic of this shocking event.
Haven't seen him without a beard for years!
Lol

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
At around 8am I am going to descend on the newly delivered garden supplies at the local hardware store.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
So far I haven't done a darned thing except take my coffee outside and watch the 3 guys start cutting up that oak tree. I'm so glad that I got my check book to do the cutting. I would have been at it for a month, at least.

This afternoon I'm going to start washing and waxing the RV. That'll take all day and maybe in to tomorrow. It's filthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.