• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB: Thiokol IMP 1404 & 1450

rodre

Hello,

Looking for preferably a 1404 IMP, but open to other models. Preferably on the cheaper/needs resto side but again open to what's out there. I am located in the NorthWest Washington/Canada border area. Feel free to PM me with what you have. Thanks.

~Rodre

Last edited:

fritz

Re: WTB: Thiokol IMP 1404

for what its worth there is a 1404 in my neck of the woods. ad says it runs and drives, asking 6,000 for it. I think its a '73 it's on craigslist high rockies

MtnMann

I've got three available. 2 wide tracks and 1 standard track...
530-for12-for123

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Do we call you a hoarder ? Or Catlady :w00t2: ?

I feel, Hoarder, is kind of harsh... everybody knows if you have a snow cat, you need one for parts.....

as nobody likes Junk sitting around, generally speaking you assess the parts cat to make sure its inventory is accurate. at which point you find out its shortcomings and fix them.
Then you find it to be in better shape than the original cat and well, you guessed it, should probably find a parts cat to support these two.

I prefer snow cat aficionado.....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

and a Aficionado of snow cats, by any other name, is still a snow cat hoarder

and i do believe you are calling the kettle black

so, whats ya doin this summer, Mr. Aficionado

rodre

I tried the one for auction listed above but you had to register to be able to bid and despite numerous emails and calls to the seller to register they didn't respond and it ended up selling for less then I would have paid for it. I guess they don't like the color of my money :bonk:

Anyways, anyone else have anything or know of anything?

rodre

It was a few months ago but if I recall it sold for $895 or something stupid like that. Someone got a deal I am just pis'ed it wasn't me :bonk:

Redd

Check my add from 11-03-16
WTS 1404 WT Imp 578 hrs.
I’m in northern B.C. let me know if you’d like more info. Thanks

rodre

I can't get J.J. Kane Auctioneers to approve me as a bidder. I have tried calling and emailing them and they simply do not respond. Their clients should know this because they are possibly not getting what they could be for their items listed with J.J. Kane.

dzuppio

they aren't the ones who approve you. Proxibid.com are the ones that handle the online auctions

rodre

It looks like it is the seller that needs to do the approval, I emailed them about it and this is what I got back below. The last time I called proxy bid and they never mentioned the $5000 deposit (imposed by the seller) just to bid, which seems over the top to me. I am ok leaving a credit card that can be charged a $500 fee if I win the item and don't pay but a $5k deposit just to bid on an item that will probably sell for about $3k due to the closed nature of the auction?!? I wouldn't give the $5k as a matter of principle. I also have no idea who proxibid is. I have been to auctions for much higher priced items and never left more than my identification and perhaps a credit card to bid, both of which I left with proxibid. If the seller is ok with limiting their audience and getting low prices for their items it is theirs to do with as they wish. Anyways, rant over, I just want to buy an Imp that isn't way overpriced for what it is or in the Eastern States. Starting to look like a tall order..."Passing proprietary risk mitigation algorithms" I call B|_|LL $hite on this one lol

Thank you for using Proxibid and for reaching out to our team.*

We apologize for the difficulty you encountered while trying to gain approval to participate in an event on Proxibid. To help keep our Platform secure, sellers have the ability to set special requirements for event participants. These requirements can vary by seller and can change from event to event.* In some cases you may be asked to take additional steps or provide additional information. Our verification system actively looks at these requirements to determine whether or not you’ll be an approved buyer.

It’s important to note that you may not be immediately approved to participate in an event. In this case, a status of Pending will be reflected under the Event Tracking section of your MyProxibid page. If you see that your request to participate is in a pending state, there are a few things to you should know:

Your request may be under review by us or the seller
After our review, you may be required to contact the seller to provide additional information

Upon review,*we found a deposit of $5,000 is required to be fully approved for this event. Please contact us via phone at 402-505-7770 and a member of our team will be happy to assist.

Please keep in mind that Proxibid, or a seller, has the ability decline your request to participate in an event. Generally, this happens when the requirements to participate aren’t met, which can include but aren’t limited to:

Passing authentication processes, such as identity or credit card verification
Having histories or experience with Proxibid or a particular seller
Passing proprietary risk mitigation algorithms

Unresolved issues with Proxibid or particular sellers

Other, unmet attendee requirements set by sellers (see Terms of Sale section of an event)*

If you have additional questions about your account or our services, please contact us at https://www.proxibid.com/asp/ContactUs.asp. Our team is ready to help!*

We hope to see you soon on the Proxibid platform!*

Stephanie*
Client Services Professional*

brianf

it is a little different bidding with proxibid and jj kane yes proxibid requires credit card on file, to register, but after you do that then are in pending approval jjkane requires a bank letter to approve you, just call jjkane and they are very helpful, yes it is too late to be approved for this sale, but good to know for next time, bidding goes alot higher in last few minutes,

rodre

I have given my credit card to proxibid and numerous calls and emails to j.j. kane went unanswered last time. If that is how hard it is to give them my money just to bid I can't imagine how hard it would be to get my money back should I not be the winning bidder. A bank letter for $5k?!? My bank would laugh at me. Anyways their loss.

I do appreciate the heads up all the same, I am just frustrated that I can't bid and would probably pay more then what they tend to go for on proxibid.

I did receive some PMs offering to sell me some units but no prices and no follow up responses. I guess it doesn't help that this site doesn't email you when you get a PM.

I heard this year was supposed to be crazy snow but I am not sure. If it is time is running out to buy and restore a project, might start looking at running units now. Also considering a 1450 or spryte, just wat to make sure it is something that doesn't require a wide load permit.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Not me, but the final

Attachments

• DBD8EA01-AB13-4D98-8A0F-25D2E2FCF5DC.jpg
    DBD8EA01-AB13-4D98-8A0F-25D2E2FCF5DC.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 401