• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Snow Cat Trailer

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
The old DMC hydraulic tilt trailer was about 2 feet too short for the new VMC with the 6 way blade. Went to town yesterday and bought a new Featherlte 5595 STL goose neck trailer. Been looking and thinking about a new equipment trailer for a couple years. It is 19 feet with a 5 foot beaver tail and slide in ramps. Effective length is 24 feet with this style ramp and raised platform on beaver tail setup.

I tryed to talk the wife into a new King Ranch diesel to pull the new trailer and that went over like a lead balloon on a little string....Now I am in the dog house for the next six weeks!!!!! Oh well...

Look out BigUglyAl, I now have the trailer to bring the competition to the shoot out at the ranch this winter.... :yum: :D :moon: :drink: :17875: :coolshade
5595-5.jpg

5595-6.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Verrrry Niccccce Bill :thumb: ! That should handle just about anything .Is it big enough to carry Bob and Mike's broken toys home too???? :yum: :yum:

I just have the little two axle trailer (bumper pull)for my KT7 and a old (very old )tilt trailer made by the Kristi Company for my KT3 .

mkntrakes

that lookes like a nice trailer a couple of things to consider if you store the ramps in holder in winter they pack with slush then freeze in . also you will have to put some traction aids on sleel deck on so cat can climb on to trailer when wet

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mkntrakes said:
. also you will have to put some traction aids on sleel deck on so cat can climb on to trailer when wet

The best thing I ever did was paint my steel deck trailer with a "grip paint" I got at Home Depot . It wears like iron and has just enough sand in it that you cannot slip ,no matter what :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

I will be using it on all my trailers decks ,from now on .

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
mkntrakes said:
that lookes like a nice trailer a couple of things to consider if you store the ramps in holder in winter they pack with slush then freeze in . also you will have to put some traction aids on sleel deck on so cat can climb on to trailer when wet

I am use to crawling up the perforated steel deck on the full tilt DMC trailer. The ramp angle on the new trailer is much less. I went with this style ramps and raised platform on beaver tail to gain more usable deck space. Yes, the ramps stored underneath will freeze in cold weather. I will carry a large bar and pipe to pry with and this will free the ramps if frozen. Could always toss the ramps on the trailer deck or in back of the truck if conditions warrant.