• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Democrats Unpopular, Republicans Clueless/Out of Touch

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on politics lately.

The Dems are pushing stuff that people don't want, they are not trusted on most issues and the GOP has its head stuffed so far up its butt that it can't see how crappy of a job it is doing.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._they_told_us_reviewing_last_week_s_key_polls
Reviewing Last Week’s Key Polls

Just 15% of Republicans who plan to vote in 2012 state primaries say the party’s representatives in Congress have done a good job of representing GOP values. Seventy-three percent (73%) say Republicans in Congress have lost touch with their voters throughout the nation.

In New Jersey, Republicans once seemed headed toward an unlikely statewide win, thanks largely to the unpopularity of incumbent Democratic Governor Jon Corzine. Now it appears the governor’s race is a toss-up and may come down to turnout and how much support an independent candidate can hold onto.

The good news for Republicans is that for the first time in recent years, voters trust them more than Democrats on all 10 key electoral issues regularly tracked by Rasmussen Reports.

The Republican advantage over Democrats increased to five points this week in the Generic Congressional Ballot. Forty-two percent (42%) would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate while 37% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent.

There’s been a shake-up, too, in the early rankings of Republican presidential hopefuls. Nationally, 29% of Republican voters now say former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is their pick to represent the GOP in the 2012 presidential campaign, while 24% prefer former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and 18% like former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. These numbers reflect an improvement for Huckabee since July when the three candidates were virtually even. Huckabee’s gain appears to be Palin’s loss as Romney’s support has barely changed.

If the choice for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012 comes down to a choice between Huckabee and Romney, Huckabee has a slight edge among likely GOP voters. In the eyes of the political Left, Palin is perhaps America’s most visible national Republican, but she loses handily in face-to-face march-ups with Huckabee and Romney.

Despite content concerns nationwide about the health care reform plan proposed by the president and congressional Democrats, Republicans are losing on the public relations front. A plurality (42%) of voters say Republicans are opposed to the plan for partisan reasons only. Thirty-five percent (35%) disagree and say GOP opposition is due to the contents of the plan.

The Senate Finance Committee’s just-completed version of the health care reform plan brought more details to the fore, but only 42% of voters nationwide now support the effort. Fifty-four percent (54%) are opposed. Rasmussen Reports is tracking support for the health care proposal on a weekly basis and will have updated results on Monday morning.

Forty-nine percent (49%) believe that passing no health care reform bill this year would be better than passing the plan currently working its way through Congress. That’s down five points from August. Thirty-nine percent (39%) say the current effort is better than doing nothing.​

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Unpopular...Clueless...Out of Touch...Pretty much describes the ass holes on both sides of the aisle. No small wonder their numbers are so abysmal. Time for a big time change that WE can depend on.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Will we be reading the same at the time of the next election or will people soften up or get more upset?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My hope is that people STAY angry, if they do then there is a real chance at getting a third party. Even if we don't get that far, it may be enough to get the two major parties to actually begin to listen to the voters.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
We can also hope that they trip over their Johnsons and Jillsons, and there could be a few little Nixon bye-bye parties. Tricky Dicky thought he was above it all too, and was equally paranoid just like these people are. And he had his hit parade list of enemies as well. Although Obama can just write down 56% of the population for his list.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
There are third parties. But they'll never get in when people like B_Shurka vote Rep just to make sure Dems don't win because a third party can't. :hammer:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Shurka. He said that's why he voted Rep last go-round, just to make sure a third party didn't split the vote and cause the Dems to win. Didn't work out. Anyway that's the way I remember it. :rolleyes:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, yes, in the last election that was my motivation and the logic was sound. Only when we give up logic do we lose sight of reality. I'll stick with reality.

However, what is true in one election cycle is NOT true in another. Ross Perot changed the dynamics. Currently in upstate NY the dynamics have changed, while only a local election it shows that UNDER THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES, when the voters are sufficiently motivated, a 3rd party can be viable. There are many other examples of this around the nation, each isolated, but each valid. That said, other than Perot, there has been no viable movement for national politics . . . until now. the Tea Party Movement is viable, or it can be if they can be harnessed by one of the Parties. The most logical party is the Libertarian party as that party can represent the wide swath of people that the Tea Parties seem to encompass. But I won't close the door on any other party.

Watch Doug Hoffman and, with any luck, watch him get elected. If he pulls it off it should be a big wake up call to the idiots in the GOP who have moved left like Dick Lugar, Olympia Snowe and the chairman Michael Steele. If you don't know who Doug Hoffman is, read this > > > http://spectator.org/archives/2009/10/26/doug-hoffman-ordinary-american

FWIW, I have contributed to and supported the Libertarian Party and yet I still don't consider it viable. Yet.

I do consider myself a Republican, but if you have been watching my posts over the past 9 years you (Bush Presidency) you will see that I am a disgruntled Republican and one that is more and more disgruntled with the party's fiscal policy and big government policy each year. That said, until a movement starts, one that I will gladly join, that shows us a credible alternative, then I will take my realist position and vote lesser of 2 evils.

A bit more on Doug Hoffman:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Ao4KVB2N8"]YouTube - Huckabee Doesn't Endorse Hoffman In NY-23, But Agrees With Him On Everything[/ame]