• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Design Law Sprinklers

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am talking about the copper lawn sprinklers that spin in circles. Usually a couple of different size loops that spin and make a design as the water goes through them.

My wife and I bought one about ten years ago. It was an operational one on display. We bought it brought it home and then put it in storage for about 5 years. We forgot we had it. Anyway when I took it out it no longer spun around. The loops just lift out, then looked clean so I put some butter on the brass fittings and they worked for about 2 hours. I have tried taking steel wool to them but can't get them to spin. Anyone have any experience with them things having the same problem as me and was you able to fix it?

murph

American Woman

Site Supporter
Redneck uses W-D40 or duck tape on everything. So I would say if you want it to loosen up and move, and butter worked for a while , then I would choose W-D40

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Redneck uses W-D40 or duck tape on everything. So I would say if you want it to loosen up and move, and butter worked for a while , then I would choose W-D40

I have tried WD-40, silicone and grease. The lubricants just don't do it.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Why do you think it just stopped spinning? Is it easy to move with your finger?

yes i can move it with my fingers, if no water pressure I can spin it easily, if I put water pressure on it; it seems like it just locks up like it gets off balance or something

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
turn down the pressure on the hose?
see if there's a rubber grommet that's dried out inside?

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
good possibility - I was thinking grommet to limit leakage at the top and let the water "float" the spinning ring.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
good possibility - I was thinking grommet to limit leakage at the top and let the water "float" the spinning ring.

Probably by the time I get done screwing around with it I could have bought 2 new ones.:bonk:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Probably by the time I get done screwing around with it I could have bought 2 new ones.:bonk:
not as much fun.
and this way you'll have so many ideas on how to improve the design, you can use scraps from job sites to make holiday gifts for friends and family!