• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

eml files

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
How do I convert eml files to jpeg so I can post some of my emails?:eek: :clubem: :smileywac

LarryRB

not totally sure, but, Jasc's Paint shop pro, I think can do it. Do you have this or a similar software package?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
LarryRB said:
not totally sure, but, Jasc's Paint shop pro, I think can do it. Do you have this or a similar software package?
No I don't have this. I've got the programs that come with Windows XP, as well as ArcSoft, and Irfan view, if those are the same things.:tiphat:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Larry; I got it!!!! Checkout the joke forum. Seems I have to send an email to my documents files under pictures, then post as usual. Does that make sense?:smileywac :confused: :tiphat: :beer:

OkeeDon

Not sure where .eml files come from; they are not among the approximately 80 different types that Jasc Paint Shop Pro version 8 can open. I also have version 9 on another computer; I don't think it's there, either.

After a Google search, I see that the .eml extension is used by Outlook Express and some other email programs. One report says that it is used when Outlook exports a file; another says it's used for Outlook stationery. I don't use Outlook myself, so I guess I don't know how photos end up with this extension.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Don; When I sent the email to my pictures file, that I store my photos on, it automatically converted it to a jpeg. Don't know how or why it did it, just glad it does!! As you know, electronics is NOT my forte. Too complicated for my minimum sized brainpan to absorb.:smileywac :tiphat: :beer:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Don; When I sent the email to my pictures file, that I store my photos on, it automatically converted it to a jpeg. Don't know how or why it did it, just glad it does!! As you know, electronics is NOT my forte. Too complicated for my minimum sized brainpan to absorb. Guess it's just another of those things you have to believe, even if you can't touch it!! :rofl1: :smileywac :tiphat: :beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think what you have is a jpeg pic file embedded in your .elm email. I highlight the pic, just like you would text and then copy it, then I create a new file in photoshop (one cool thing in photoshop is when you create a new file and you already have somthing copied to your clipboard, photoshop makes the new file the same size as the clipboard pic). Then all I have to do is paste the pic in the newly opened photoshop file. From there I can resize the pic if needed. Then I just save it as a jpeg file.
Ifranview might have some of that capablility, I'm not sure ...but it sounds like you found an even simplier way to handle it. I had never heard of doing it that way.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
I think what you have is a jpeg pic file embedded in your .elm email. I highlight the pic, just like you would text and then copy it, then I create a new file in photoshop (one cool thing in photoshop is when you create a new file and you already have somthing copied to your clipboard, photoshop makes the new file the same size as the clipboard pic). Then all I have to do is paste the pic in the newly opened photoshop file. From there I can resize the pic if needed. Then I just save it as a jpeg file.
Ifranview might have some of that capablility, I'm not sure ...but it sounds like you found an even simplier way to handle it. I had never heard of doing it that way.

Doc, I'm sitting here making noises like Porky Pig just before he says, "That's all folks". :rofl1: :rofl1: :coolshade :beer: :tiphat: