• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

6500 miles in 13 days .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Went and saw the daughter in N. H. for 4 days and then headed for Michigan to pick up our camp trailer . That SOB is a long dude ! Got back home to North Idaho today . Ass showed up about 2 hours later . I'll sleep good tonight .

I still would not give $1 for anything East of Idaho . Man that is some real boring country . Never saw so many pissed off and stupid drivers in my life . Love the toll roads ......NOT !! How the hell anybody can live a life style like that is beyond me .
Glad to be back in Gods country .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When did the parole board give you permission to leave the state?

Or did you make the trip 1 day shy of 2 weeks so you could sneak out, and back, just in time to check in with your parole officer?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you get lost? That's a 5000 mile round trip for the rest of us...

Yep, going across the northern US from your place, you have the plains (boring scenery) followed by a string of urban areas starting in IL (Chicago, Toledo, Cleveland, Buffalo...)

Did you take the northern route through Canada?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Did you get lost? That's a 5000 mile round trip for the rest of us...

Yep, going across the northern US from your place, you have the plains (boring scenery) followed by a string of urban areas starting in IL (Chicago, Toledo, Cleveland, Buffalo...)

Did you take the northern route through Canada?

yep . Saw all of that . We came back I80 . man am I glad to be home . NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, you just bought a TRAVEL TRAILER ......and you never want to travel again. :yum:
Are you going to camp out on your back 40?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
glad to here from you Allen, you missed out on some krusty bashing while you were gone. glad you are home ok hope you enjoy the trailer next time you should go south to az or something like that

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
just send your daughter a plane ticket.
I have a trailer but my wife will not let me drive when were together. So she drives all the time. Thanks to uncle sam she drives good. Backing is her weak point. She makes me do it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, you just bought a TRAVEL TRAILER ......and you never want to travel again. :yum:
Are you going to camp out on your back 40?

Actually , we are going to head about 25 miles out to the hot sprigs for 3 days in about two weeks . I am adding another marine battery to the system and have been looking at the 3 solar panels I have here at the place to add on as a power source to resupply the batteries . I believe they are 65 watt panels and should do the job nicely . Ordering up a new bar b que and lots of little goodies to make life more pleastant when we go . We are throwing in gold pans , clam catchers , Crab catches , fishin poles and dog beds . :clap:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I still would not give $1 for anything East of Idaho . Man that is some real boring country . Never saw so many pissed off and stupid drivers in my life . Love the toll roads ......NOT !! How the hell anybody can live a life style like that is beyond me .
Glad to be back in Gods country .

The heck you say! Last time I drove out west I fell asleep somewhere in Kansas and drove for almost 2 hours before I woke up and I was only about 10' off the road; not that it mattered much. :yum:

I gotta admit, our family trip to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons was a beautiful car trip. The family complained because, at the time, I worked for someone else and only had 6 days off work. That was a heck of a lot of driving each day. Add in about 3 more weeks and include the Grand Canyon on the southern loop back and I think it would be great.

For some reason, the wife and I are still planning on taking the epic road trip to Alaska once the nest is empty. I plan on having a totally outfitted diesel Toyota Land Cruiser with an auxiliary 100 gallon tank I've heard some across the pond talk about mounted between the frame rails. Add a couple inch lift, good tires, air locker for the front and rear along with a nice top rack and I think we could make a good month or two trip out of it.

Had the huge diesel pusher. It just wasn't for us. Besides only getting 8 mpg, it was so big that I had a hard time getting in and out of places and the wife was terrified of driving the "land barge". A Cat C9 engine might be nice and durable, but fuel efficient it ain't!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Al, that's a lot of miles in a short time. It kinda takes the pleasure out of it. I'm more of a 300 miles a day guy.

A few short trips will get your enthusiasm back again.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, that's a lot of miles in a short time. It kinda takes the pleasure out of it. I'm more of a 300 miles a day guy.

A few short trips will get your enthusiasm back again.

Yep..... I agree . I am done driving long distances . About 3-400 miles a day is more than enough . My next trip is 25 miles to the other nearby creek to go fishing for the weekend . It will be our "shakedown" cruise in the new unit . This thing has way too many bells and whistles for me . Mama is in charge of figuring out what all the dodads do . I'll drive , park and set up , get out my camp chair, make myself a drink , rig my fishing pole and sit on my ass for 3 days . I may not even use a worm on the hook so I am not bothered my some damn fish .

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually , we are going to head about 25 miles out to the hot sprigs for 3 days in about two weeks . I am adding another marine battery to the system and have been looking at the 3 solar panels I have here at the place to add on as a power source to resupply the batteries . I believe they are 65 watt panels and should do the job nicely . Ordering up a new bar b que and lots of little goodies to make life more pleastant when we go . We are throwing in gold pans , clam catchers , Crab catches , fishin poles and dog beds . :clap:

Meet ya on the coast in july al!!

flathorn

Al, If you drag that thing to the Oregon / Washington Coast, I have a place on the Wa. side off the Columbia on a river called Deep River. Right on the river there is place to park an RV. Not the greatest scenery, but it does face the river and we have docks. Price is free. Have water and elect. ,but you have to move the rig or use a tank to dump sewage. Would give you a base to explore from. In a fast boat about 1 hour from ocean . Astoria is a cool town with lots of history. Good fishing ,clamming, crabbing nearby.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Meet ya on the coast in july al!!
Summer is pretty busy for us up here on the old place . Lots of work to do . I hope you and Beth can swing by if you make it this way .

Al, If you drag that thing to the Oregon / Washington Coast, I have a place on the Wa. side off the Columbia on a river called Deep River. Right on the river there is place to park an RV. Not the greatest scenery, but it does face the river and we have docks. Price is free. Have water and elect. ,but you have to move the rig or use a tank to dump sewage. Would give you a base to explore from. In a fast boat about 1 hour from ocean . Astoria is a cool town with lots of history. Good fishing ,clamming, crabbing nearby.

I may need to take you up on that after it slows down !!. We plan to go a lot in the winter and explore new places . My new crab pots should be here any day as well as my new Clam gun !!