• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TBN still sucks

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
In a spasm of stupidity this afternoon, I actually posted to TBN. Thinking there are more active online members who might be able to offer ides for my quick hydraulic repair question.

What do I get? A dressing down by some dude telling me I don't know what I'm doing, and shouldn't be allowed to own tools.

Damn ignorant assholes.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1455989

Are you for real? Is this a joke? Please tell me it is. If it is not a joke, you should be banned from ever having tools for life. You should have your wife repair your machines.
Dude, you are peeing into a fan. Cut it out with the quick-fix-rig-it-up garbage. Sit down, chill, take a couple deep breaths. Now, go to this site, Eaton Weatherhead> Home Page. Find a Weatherhead distributor nearest you. Measure the o.d. of your steel line. Go get a couple Ermeto unions. DO NOT USE BRASS! They will self destruct faster than a Mission Impossible mission recording! It might work on low pressure, but if it won't, you will find out this same time next Sunday. This stuff never breaks when anyplace is open. Cut out a very small section of the broken piece and install the ermeto union. Throw the spare in your tool box. Now, you can go back to work with no worries. And stop trying to rig stuff before somebody gets hurt.

My reply; since it will probably get moderated.
I am fully aware of how to do a proper fix. I was looking for a quick Sunday Afternoon "field repair" that would allow me to continue working. I wasn't looking for and don't appreciate getting dressed down because my repair methods aren't up to your quality control standards. Next time, please don't bother replying if you aren't going to contribute anything useful to the situation.

American Woman

Site Supporter
In a spasm of stupidity this afternoon, I actually posted to TBN. Thinking there are more active online members who might be able to offer ides for my quick hydraulic repair question.

What do I get? A dressing down by some dude telling me I don't know what I'm doing, and shouldn't be allowed to own tools.

Damn ignorant assholes.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1455989

My reply; since it will probably get moderated.
Wow! THAT was rude!

Trakternut

Well that figures. Damn fool's usin' TBN for a free commercial for his bizness. I'd fool him. Go for the proper repair, but..........go somewhere other than Wayne County Hose!! :punk: Then, post pix of your proper repair and tell the whole damn forum how good of service you got from "The Other Place" and all. Fix his li'l red wagon but good!!!! :hammer:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum::yum:

In true TBN philosophy, Wayne County Hosers post and my reply have been moderated (i.e. DELETED) with no notification given to me regarding why.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
davenay, As per my policy of always being too late with too little.

For future reference I have had very good luck over the years plugging small pipe leaks with electrical tape and a hose clamp. Unlike other tapes a good quality electrical tape has an adhesive that is intended to stick to itself more than release like most tapes also it's soft enough to mold into the hole as the clamp pressure is applied. It leaves no residue on the pipe that can't be easily removed for a more permanent repair. :smile:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Invite him to FF and I'll bitch-slap him for you. :clubem:

That's a good idea... :yum:

I do sneak over there a time or two a month so I am NOT surprised by the reply from that guy... The only way to do things is HIS way.... oh and ALL hoses should be bought from him. Everyone else has cheap POS hose. I just got here and have not made it to the other thread... You ever get it fixed?

dzalphakilo

Banned
If you were to ask why the post was deleted, you'd be told you were breaking the rules.

When you then ask why other threads in "similar fashion" were not deleted, you would be told that there are only so many moderators, they do a thankless job, and that they can't catch everything unless someone brings it to their attention.

One question that's been bugging me is if political discussions are not allowed there, why do they allow threads about firearms to exist? Isn't firearm ownership a political topic? You could argure that since owning a firearm is legal, it may not be (political topic), but abortion is legal. How far do you think a thread about abortion would last there? I'm guessing it's because the "majority rules".

One aspect that I do like about this forum is that isn't the case.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
You think THATS bad. I was at a food site last year and I was asked by the site moderator and I put down "Old enough to know better" which was meant to envoke a tiny grin. Also I mentioned I didnt see the point of Kosher Salt and didt know what the difference was between large crystals of sea salt and Kosher. Nothing really shocking in that. Wellllll this is what I got in a PM:

When one of our Administrators asked you your age it was neither a superfluous nor rhetorical question ... it was a valid question attempting to understand some of your posts. Your, "old enough to know better" answer was nothing less than flippant and insulting.

Humm ... are you a baseball fan? That's STRIKE ONE!

Your comments about kosher food have been deleted - it's obviously an uneducated opinioin. We do not allow anyone to insult the religious food restrictions of anyone - in fact if you will take a little time to explore our threads you will find that our members go to great lengths to help people with certain diatary requirements - not insult them or their food.

STRIKE TWO!

If you would like to continue to be a member of DC - I would suggest you send kitchenelf a PM and answer her question about you age, and apologize for being a flippant dork. She is a very fine lady and when someone treats her the way you did - well, let's just say you didn't make any friends or gain any points. None of us (Admins or Moderators) were amused.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow....they must be a big enough site they don't need anymore friends :shock:

I feel that is the case with both TBN and Sushi's DC (Discuss cooking) sites. TBN has over 20k members and I think DC has 10k or so.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Wow, I would think a place that big would have troubles with "clicks" That makes it hard for new people to get interested.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Bobcat, it is kind of like when Batman told the Joker that the Joker made him. The evil TBN is the reason for FF's existance.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Now Sushi... you kinda brought the subject up, but is THAT how you got banned? That does suck!

Dave.... I assume by now that you got the tractor fixed....:unsure: