• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to me dmc 1200

fritz

I plan on tearing into the new to me dmc in the next few weeks, are there any known fatal flaws or problem areas to be aware of on these?
Thanks in advance
3a95e65d096e9b9c6ee8c1c6eceab1b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

PJL

I have an 88 LMC 1200.

Engine is a 300 CID straight 6 Ford industrial. Pretty reliable motor. Mine did crack a cam gear though.

Transmission is a Ford C6. Rear diff should be the OC12.

Provided it's been cared for there should be no major issues other than normal wear and tear on a 30 plus year old machine.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I plan on tearing into the new to me dmc in the next few weeks. . .

We all hope you document it with PHOTOS so we can see:
Before,
During &
After images

:nopics:

fritz

@PJL it's in pretty rough shape, it had some electrical issues and needs a harness. but I did want a project.

@Melensdad I hope to document the resurrection as it goes along, and I'm sure that I'll be bothering all of you with plenty of questions along the way

fritz

So does anyone here have a wiring diagram for one of these? Im a bit confused on this machine, I read somewhere in here that they stopped using aluminum cabs on these in '81. This one has an aluminum top and steel tub what gives? Any ideas?

fritz

1 more thing, is it possible to disconnect the hydros on this? I don't trust the hoses at all, will pulling the belt on the pump hurt the rear diff?

PJL

The 88 has a steel tub and aluminum cab. The doors are steel.

The hydraulic pump helps to cool the diff oil. Mine has the pump and cooler only. No hydraulics.

fritz

Thanks for the info PJL. I think I'll keep the pump and cooler and ditch the rest for now. Would you happen to know how the vin #'s break down on these?
23cf1bced9d9618c79c56dd50cb09501.jpg

fritz

@ Dr. Zaugg the cat # is d3a 1951. I don't have the engine # currently available