• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sick of Democrat Stonewalling, McConnell Cancels August Recess to Pass Bills, Vote

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sick of Democrat Stonewalling, McConnell Cancels August Recess to Pass Bills, Vote on Judges
Posted by Mary Chastain Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 2:00pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/...st-recess-to-pass-bills-vote-on-judges//#more

The GOP is sick of the Democrats obstruction

Senate Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has announced he cancelled August recess so the upper chamber can vote on bills and President Donald Trump’s nominees.

Leader McConnell
Leader McConnell
@SenateMajLdr
My statement on cancelling the August recess:

Senators will receive “a state work period” the first full week of August, but must come back to D.C. after that.

The Republican senators are happy, but they want more since the work week is “late Monday afternoon until early Thursday afternoon.” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) wants the senators to work on Fridays and Saturdays:

In addition to working into the four-week summer break, Grassley is calling for “filibuster Fridays,” arguing Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) should force the Senate to stay in Friday and Saturday to speed up confirmation of nominations.

“I’d like 2see #filibusterfridays in the Senate If Dems want to filibuster we can vote on Fridays +into wknds,” Grassley said in a tweet.

“Another summer, another heavy work load NOW is the time to vote on Fridays (even wknds!) to get MORE nominations confirmed Especially judges Help the judicial branch,” he added.

If the Senate can finish voting on the nominees and come to terms on legislation like spending bills, appropriations, defense authorization, and water infrastructure, then the senators can get back some of their recess time.

This is bad news for the incumbent Democrat senators since they will not have the ability to campaign during the month. Democrats have 26 seats up for re-election in November along with independent seats in Maine and Vermont, both belonging to senators who caucus with the Democrats.

A lot of those Democrat senators come from states Trump won in 2016: Sens. Claire McCaskill (MO), Sherrod Brown (OH), Joe Donnelly (IN), and Jon Tester (MN).

Attachments

• A5EC58A1-8AA1-4989-9CCB-4B523CA81C29.jpeg
    A5EC58A1-8AA1-4989-9CCB-4B523CA81C29.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 21
  • D2CC99B2-9148-48E8-A98C-68E69D9ECBBB.jpg
    D2CC99B2-9148-48E8-A98C-68E69D9ECBBB.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 20

rugerman

Let the bitching begin. Wonder how the democrats and their lapdog media are going to spin this, I’m sure it will be entertaining.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
For over 500 days now all the Democrats have to show for their efforts is a new and dangerous precedent of blocking a Presidents appointments like no party has in our Countries history.

If this doesn't prove that Democrats are the most dangerous people in our nation, I don't know does. I sure hope the majority of voters are smart enough to see the truth, not the fake news the Democrats live on.. I think they will.

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Let the bitching begin. Wonder how the democrats and their lapdog media are going to spin this, I’m sure it will be entertaining.

They won't spin this at all because 95% of the media won't even report it :hammer: