• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac replacement BRONZE drive sprockets

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
From what I am told the cad drawing are just about done will keep you posted
Thanks for the bump!

thumper

Found a forge that is going to make me the drive sprockets out of silicon bronze. They are going to produce 8 for me and was wondering how many more to make for the rest of the snow trac group. I have a brand new factory made drive that I am using as the timplete.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Found a forge that is going to make me the drive sprockets out of silicon bronze. They are going to produce 8 for me and was wondering how many more to make for the rest of the snow trac group. I have a brand new factory made drive that I am using as the timplete.
find out how much I also need 4 for the 2 band tracks

thumper

As of right now they are going to produce them with the set up cost for $285.00 each with out the shipping included. Now saying that the cost would go down with more being made. The making of the sprockets takes about three weeks after they have the timplete built (2 weeks to produce at a one time expense). So the first batch being done at the earliest going forward would be about six weeks out. I am not here to make any money on this but just to help facilitate a need. I will not be buying sprockets for everybody but will give you the information to get them your selves. The more that is being made at one time the cost will drop. By how much depends on how many are being cast at one given time.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Out of all the "i know someone..." this seems to be the closest we have since Northpole closed shop. Thank you Thumper. I was hoping to keep it below $1K US for the set, and I do have some angst about making certain they will work (I have a 3 band). But unless someone else can give a solid here they are...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thumper where are you, or the foundry (zip code is good enough) just kicking logistics.

I am another set, maybe two. , depends on shipping.

I am in 54130, the local non-ferrous foundry here, Union Brass, will hand mold four sprockets ($500) and pour for $3.00 per pound.

use that info to price check your guy.

FWIW "If I had a new OEM sprocket, I would have poured some by now. I visited a corn and bean farmer two times in the last 16 months and forgot to bring that damn sprocket home all three times."

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thumper where are you, or the foundry (zip code is good enough) just kicking logistics.

I am in 54130, the local non-ferrous foundry here, Union Brass, will hand mold four sprockets ($500) and pour for $3.00 per pound.

FWIW "If I had a new OEM sprocket, I would have poured some by now. I visited a corn and bean farmer two times in the last 16 months and forgot to bring that damn sprocket home all three times."

Grey squirrel,(you are getting older );) I think 98011 zipcode will get you close

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't drill the mounting holes in them till you mount them. it is easy to center and drill holes to fit your hubs. I been told that they are all slightly different.
jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

SO when can you find the time to head my way? I would meet you half way if you are going to "get her done" soon. Winter is coming fast.. Harvest is over so I can work around your schedule..

Expect a phone call tonight. Time to get this show on the road!!

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
We are still working on ours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 390

Sno-Surfer

Just wanted to bump this. Sounds like we are a couple months away from hopefully getting a set of these.
I'd sure like to see pictures of them or a diagram of the drawing used (if there is one). My Snow Trac has a peculiar set up and want to also make sure they work. Fairly certain the standard two band set will work for me.

There's snow on the hills and I'm ready to roll other than these sprockets.

Let the fun begin!!

Sno-Surfer

image.jpg

This is what I have. It's some kind of aftermarket version that is just steel and too hard. I have disk brakes and a big wheel in the front but this is a two band machine.

nwerring

To bad the shipping cost might be to much from Norway to the US.
I just got this lot today. Made in Norway. Around $550.- for a set of 4.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 342

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

mwerring,

Thanks for chiming in. Any one know how much shipping these would end up being? Could be faster and cheaper than a repop made here..

Any word on the Trellaborg small tires?

Just wondering..

Regards, Kirk

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
mwerring,

Thanks for chiming in. Any one know how much shipping these would end up being? Could be faster and cheaper than a repop made here..

Just wondering..

Regards, Kirk
I know not that much $$$ just had a 4 cyl turbo diesel chery engine shipped to me from china that was only 400$ it weighed 600lbs on a pallet. took 14 days to get here

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would guess as long as the shipment is under 70 pounds you can us mail them those are nice castings unfortunately they are for 3 band models

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would guess as long as the shipment is under 70 pounds you can us mail them those are nice castings unfortunately they are for 3 band models

Look closer Don and you will see there are sets for both two and three band machines there. :whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
mwerring,

Just wondering..

Regards, Kirk
a dealer can order them . I was told les schwab has them .

Sno-Surfer

I would jump in on these too if we can figure out a way to ship them. Do you know how much a two band sprocket weighs?
How many sets can you part with?

Thanks. Those look fantastic.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
a dealer can order them . I was told les schwab has them .

Please be more specific. From what you post here, hard to tell, and many are wanting these parts, Name the dealer, phone # and name, if in fact these are able to be ordered. No one else here thinks they can be...

Hearsay about les schwab, who ever that is just is confusing the issue.

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Be a bit patient about these sprockets from Norway. There is "movement" going on behind the scenes happening, and they may become available in the future, perhaps the near future.

Also in Wisconsin there will perhaps be some made up to...

We all need to get on the "same page" so to say to make this happen.

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
kirk
you asked "Any word on the Trellaborg small tires?"

I was told they can be bought now but only at the trellaborg dealer.
most larger tire stores handle that brand.
I met a guy last week that ordered several from schwab

and it looks like Christer Morlind may have the bronze sprockets. http://www.klovsjo.com/snowtrac/
jim

Last edited: