• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to me 1979 Tucker project

This summer my dad and I got our hands on a 1979 Tucker 1642. I was pretty stoked about it because it was the same one I learned to groom trails with years ago. It has been privately owned since I have known.

Though it is fully functional the way it sits, there has been a lot of "This will get us by until we can fix it correctly" which was never actually fixed.

I am working to get issues fixed before winter. In the future we are going to do a complete "restoration", though probably not all original.

This leads me to issues with the windshield wipers:
I was told they stopped working, and just had not gotten around to fix them, but did get new parts for them.

He gave me a box of parts.... Not sure what fits, what doesnt, and what can be made to work.

I attatched a pictures of all the parts I have, as well as what it looks like under the dash

Pretty sure the linkage is way too big...

Can anyone help me figure out how to get them up and running? I don't care if the parts are original, aftermarket, or slight modifications have to br made. Any pictures or resources would help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0902202018.jpg
    0902202018.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 0902201954a.jpg
    0902201954a.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 0902201954.jpg
    0902201954.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 150

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome!

Love to see some pics of your machine.

Check out 1973 1443 new to me thread and Blackfoot covered this I think in Thundercat project.

Mine were funky when I got it. I had to move some linkages and mess around with them to work. Not sure if it came like that or poor work before me.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That pic looks like a lot of steel. That wiper area should be aluminum so maybe modified?

Welcome!

Love to see some pics of your machine.

Check out 1973 1443 new to me thread and Blackfoot covered this I think in Thundercat project.

Mine were funky when I got it. I had to move some linkages and mess around with them to work. Not sure if it came like that or poor work before me.

I did see that thread and read a lot of it! There is certainly a ton of information in there and you have done a great job with it! Awesome machine! did see the part with a windshield wipers but it looked a lot different than mine I thought.

I can post some pictures, she's a little rough around the edges and was painted green prior to the previous owner. As I said before, right now I'm working on getting bugs ironed out of it for this winter. Eventually I am going to get in pristine shape and plan to put an automatic transmission in it as well as convert it to a 1644.

Folks that are stock on being all original will hate me because I am certainly going for functionality over originality. I am currently in the process of replacing the dash with all new switches and gauges as well as rewiring the entire machine.

Attachments

• 0419201906.jpg
    0419201906.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
That pic looks like a lot of steel. That wiper area should be aluminum so maybe modified?

Yeah, thats what I was wondering. The mounting holes on the wiper motor that was in the Box don't seem to mount up with any holes in that bracket. Not sure what is original and what is modified unfortunatelyately.

I was thinking about getting an old Jeep CJ5 wiper motor and creating a bracket for but that will not help me with the linkage.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
nice start please if you re power it use any thing other than an ls or ford triton motor. I guess there isn't any thing really wrong with them but how could you improve on the old small block chevys fords or dodge engines that went un changed for so many years.