• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for leaf spring

corby

I am looking for a leaf spring, this is off of a 500 series tucker. I can not believe somebody would weld a leaf to a main leaf and it held together. The other spring pack I have if anybody needs it let me know, I don't know what it is from but it does have a notch for that axcel tube.

Attachments

• IMG_3658.JPG
    IMG_3658.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_3659.JPG
    IMG_3659.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 247
did u try ----getsno inc. they are the old cooks in Vermont ---last time I was there all the old cats were gone---lets hope they sold them or r parts on a shelf-----the welded one looks like its from a mobile axle

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that knotched spring is from a older tucker.

the folks with the snowmobile collection could use that, they need on on the rat rod 54'

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Springs with the hump over the axle were used on Tucker 443's up to 1960 I know. With out dimensions of length, width. arch, bolt hole diameter, I would not swear your spring to be authentic. Looks close.

corby

Ya the one with the notch will not work for me, if anybody wants that spring let me know. Now the one that has been welded together is the one I need and I am striking out on finding one. I have called tucker and 2 other tucker dealers and nobody has one. I can get a spring made, but what sucks about that is, the spring mount on the axcel would have to be changed and I have already rebuilt both axcels and also sandblasted and painted them!! If I end up getting a spring made, I would have to do all 4 of them to make it right.