• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker drive sprockets

teamster

Does anyone have 4 drive reconditioned drive sprockets for my 1984, 1344 Tucker?. The drive sprockets on my front axle are getting down, but not really ready for rebuilding, just looking for some spares in case they fail during peak season usage. Thanx

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
There are at least two sprocket types. Some have longer "teeth" and some have shorter "teeth". Typically the short style is associated with later machines with damper wheels. If you don't need the short style (for clearance) you can use either.

In addition, most have seven teeth but I've heard of some sprockets with nine teeth (though personally I've never seen one).

7 tooth sguared or pointed, width is a concern as well, I had some 2" sprockets machined down to 1'1/4 wide to fit my 1742 worked for about 9 years and then the rubber came off due to the fact we cut them down and exsposed the frame, moisture got under the rubber (i am gussing) and cuased them to fail (even know I coated them with spray on rubber on the faces) but for what I had into them it was worth the money for me to have them machined as new ones are anywhere from $180 ea to rebuild or $350 ea new and that does not include shipping! very spendy
There are at least two sprocket types. Some have longer "teeth" and some have shorter "teeth". Typically the short style is associated with later machines with damper wheels. If you don't need the short style (for clearance) you can use either.

In addition, most have seven teeth but I've heard of some sprockets with nine teeth (though personally I've never seen one).