• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

STEERING PROBLEM

jackiemca

Just bought a Snow Master did not steer replaced variator belt still does not steer. How do you set adjustments? I know the question has been asked a thousand times but cannot find remedy. Please help snow coming want to use machine.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
there are 2 first off before you adjust it how much deflection do you have in the belt I usually set mine up to 1/4 inch, but it will work well up to about 1 inch. if you have some thing between that you need to look at some other stuff like the st-25 I will pm you with a phone number I can better talk you through adjustment. also do a search on the varriator you will come up with a lot of info on it.

teledawg

Is does not steer at all I have put on a new belt need to know how to adjust it

It sounds like you might have something broken in your variator. Here is a LINK to the definitive read on rebuilding and adjusting the variator by Lyndon. :clap:

To help trouble shoot the problem and to help with the centering procedure put your Snow Master up on jack stands so it is high enough that the tracks can turn freely. Then with the aid of a helper you can inspect the variator's action while it's operating by putting the machine in gear and turning the steering wheel from side to side. You should be able to see the chives opening on one side whist closing on the opposite side.

Hint: I always remove the hood and air cooling horn when I'm working on the variator. Makes it way easier.

Good luck and post your results back here...