• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Want to add a parking brake to my 201

201spryte

I know brakes seem over-rated sometimes but.... I was thinking it might be nice to have one on my cat for when I'm parked on slanted ground.

My Thiokol Spryte 201 has an OC4 drive axle so I am hopeful that I can use parts from other models with the same axle that have brakes.
I assume the setup looks like a differental brake like on a motorhome? If anyone has pictures they could share of what a parking brake assembly looks like on an OC4 axle that would be great!

Thanks-
Richard

They are a small disc brake mounted on the drive shaft near the transmission. There is a mechanical caliper operated by a cable attached to a brake inside the cab. The exact type system is used on countless tractors, forklifts and older trucks. I would think with a little scrounging you could pickup all the parts needed for very little money.