• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Freeing up frozen tracks

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I am headed to the hills in two weeks for an overnight stay. In the past I’ve never had a problem with my tracks freezing to the snow or anything else. But in the interest of knowledge I’d like to know how you all go about freeing up frozen tracks..especially the old steel tracks... asking for a freind

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Well problem solved.. I was set on making the old school exhaust tube hose to plug into the pontoons and called Clyde at Tucker for suggestions on proper dimensions and materials. As luck would have it he had an old one hanging around and sold it to me. It is better to be lucky than good sometimes!

Aaron Tucker

the pontoon heater dose not melt the grousers trust me . I would suggest a propane blow torch to have handy as well, shovel and pry bar. one night should be fine. multiple nights will have you wishing you parked on some wood. parking on some wood is always a good option to.

HankScorpio

I keep a propane tank and a weed burner in the back of my cat. All around plan B survival tool. You never know what will happen in the backcountry. Good for fire starting, frozen parts, emergency heat.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Well ....looks like I’ll be packing heat! Thanks for the suggestions