• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Case 350; Ripper wanted

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a 1974 Case 350 with a compound blade bucket and a Davis 130 backhoe. I'm wondering if there is an available ripper that would fit on the unit using the Back hoe mounts and hydrualics.

And also wondering what price I should be looking to pay for such a device. Used preferably.

I stone cold haven't a clue here but will be looking at several dealers in St Louis and/or Springfield MO area and would like not to get skunked.

Ideas?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I think I found a single ripper tooth which will fit the Bach Hoe bucket mounts. Now I wonder if I can rig a chain or Angle bar link to just hold the thing in place instead of letting the hydraulics wag the tail back there.

I can use the bucket hydraulics to raise and lower the bite into the ground.

Ideas?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We had used the ears from a bucket that was wore out and welded the big Cat tooth to a flat plate that was then welded to the ear assembly. For ripping you want a good solid attachment. Chain on works ok for a clean up pipe but a ripper gets real forces put on it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We had used the ears from a bucket that was wore out and welded the big Cat tooth to a flat plate that was then welded to the ear assembly. For ripping you want a good solid attachment. Chain on works ok for a clean up pipe but a ripper gets real forces put on it.

Yeah, I suspect I'll have to put something substantial there.

Wire ties & duct tape likely won't work either?:whistling: