• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker pontoons

I have for trade 3 fiberglass pontoons off a '69 400 series, theres no hardware on them and 1 has a football size puncture. What I am looking for is at least 1 steel pontoon(I have one fiberglass pontoon mounted on the cat), a starter for a Chrysler Industrial 6 (I think its a 225 ?),track parts and pontoon hardware. I'm located in Elkford BC Canada.

bchoro

Do you have any roller bearing for the tracks? And if so, could you post some pictures or pm me.
Thanks

bchoro

Would you know of a place where I could get some? I'm in northern Canada and as far as I can tell Tucker Corp in Oregon would be the closest. Looking for somewhere in Canada to buy parts. Thanks

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Would you know of a place where I could get some? I'm in northern Canada and as far as I can tell Tucker Corp in Oregon would be the closest. Looking for somewhere in Canada to buy parts. Thanks
If you have an older Tucker Just rebuild them, Very Cheap!!!!! Contact cooks equipment in vermont Bill is a great guy for old Tucker parts.

bchoro

Hey, sorry its been awhile. Its an 1981 Tucker 542 (i believe).

How would I rebuild them? Aren't they a sealed bearing?

fr73ed

Hey, sorry its been awhile. Its an 1981 Tucker 542 (i believe).

How would I rebuild them? Aren't they a sealed bearing?

Semi- sealed until the backing plate departs.
I really don't know of an effective way to rebuild a tucker roller.
You would need to replace the balls, and install the axle into the roller, maybe a press? Dunno, that would proly score the race.
Usually, as I've found out , once the backing plate separates, you loose a coupla balls, it's only a matter of time until the roller destructs, the outer race falls off, and if you don't IMMEDIATELY remove the axle core from the track, you WILL have a de-rail. Then you have to re-rail before moving very far or risk serious damage to the entire pontoon/track.
Usually in a storm, at night, and oh shit I fergot the snoshoes.

bchoro

Ya, that pretty much sums it up.
I'll have to get her in the garage for some TLC before she hits the snow.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend of mine had success using roller bearings designed for food processing conveyor lines. The outside diameter of the roller was too small so he cut pieces of pipe with the right inner diameter and sleeved over the roller and came out pretty close.