• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

400+ kids taken from polygamist compound

American Woman

Site Supporter
I don't care what their excuse is..... It's rape over and over by gross old men perverts. And they use religion (fear) to do it.

The dayslong raid on the sprawling compound built by now-jailed polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sparked by a 16-year-old girl's call to authorities that she was being abused and that girls as young as 14 and 15 were being forced into marriages with much older men.
Dressed in home-sewn, ankle-length dresses with their hair pinned up in braids, some 133 women left the Yearning for Zion Ranch of their own volition along with the children.
State troopers were holding an unknown number of men in the compound until investigators finished executing a house-to-house search of the 1,700-acre property, which includes a medical facility, numerous large housing units and an 80-foot white limestone temple that rises discordantly out of the brown scrub.
"In my opinion, this is the largest endeavor we've ever been involved in in the state of Texas," said Children's Protective Services spokesman Marleigh Meisner, who said she was also involved in the 1993 siege of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco.
The members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints spent their days raising numerous children, tilling small gardens and doing chores. But at least one former resident says life was not some idyllic replica of 19th-century life.
"Once you go into the compound, you don't ever leave it," said Carolyn Jessop, one of the wives of the alleged leader of the Eldorado complex. Jessop left with her eight children before the sect moved to Texas.
Jessop said the community emphasized self-sufficiency because they believed the apocalypse was near.
The women were not allowed to wear red — the color Jeffs said belonged to Jesus — and were not allowed to cut their hair. They were also kept isolated from the outside world.
They "were born into this," said Jessop, 40. "They have no concept of mainstream society, and their mothers were born into and have no concept of mainstream culture. Their grandmothers were born into it."
Meisner said each child will get an advocate and an attorney but predicted that if they end up permanently separated from their families, the sheltered children would have a tough acclimation to modern life.
Tela Mange, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Public Safety, said the criminal investigation was still under way, and that charges would be filed if investigators determined children were abused.
Still uncertain is the location of the girl whose call initiated the raid. She allegedly had a child at 15, and authorities were looking for documents, family photos or even a family Bible with lists of marriages and children to demonstrate the girl was married to Dale Barlow, 50.
Under Texas law, girls younger than 16 cannot marry, even with parental approval.
The church members were being held at Fort Concho, a 150-year-old fort built to protect frontier settlements, to be interviewed about the 16-year-old girl and whether, in fact, the teenager was among them.
DPS troopers arrested one man on a charge of interfering with the duties of a public servant during the search warrant, but it was not Barlow, Mange said.
"For the most part, residents at the ranch have been cooperative. However, because of some of the diplomatic efforts in regards to the residents, the process of serving the search warrants is taking longer than usual," said DPS spokesman Tom Vinger, who declined to elaborate. "The annex is extremely large and the temple is massive."

Barlow's probation officer, Bill Loader, told The Salt Lake Tribune that he was in Arizona. Phone messages seeking comment from Loader and Barlow were not immediately returned Monday.
Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation.
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, headed by Jeffs after his father's death in 2002, broke away from the Mormon church after the latter disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.
The group is concentrated along the Arizona-Utah line but several enclaves have been built elsewhere, including in Texas. Several years ago it paid $700,000 for the Eldorado property, a former exotic animal ranch, and began building the compound as authorities in Arizona and Utah began increasingly scrutinizing the group.
The compound sits down a narrow paved road and behind a hill that shields it almost entirely from view in Eldorado, a town of fewer than 2,000 surrounded by sheep ranches nearly 200 miles northwest of San Antonio. Only the 80-foot-high white temple can be seen on the horizon.
Jeffs is jailed in Kingman, Ariz., where he awaits trial for four counts each of incest and sexual conduct with a minor stemming from two arranged marriages between teenage girls and their older male relatives.
In November, he was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001. The investigation prompted by the girl's call last week was the first in Texas involving the sect.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
These children even with all the counseling in the world will never have a decent chance at being normal. I feel for these children. There is nothing in this world for punishment that can be given to these men that will come close to the hardships these kids will go through.

American Woman

Site Supporter
It just turns my stomach to think about the old farts having a smörgåsbord of young girls they watch and wait on. They are so selfish and stupid they can't handle a grown woman and her desires. I would love to humiliate these men and make them cry. I mean feel from the heart kind of crying.....so I can kick the crap out of them.
ok...I'm stepping away from the soap box:soapbox:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
It just turns my stomach to think about the old farts having a smörgåsbord of young girls they watch and wait on. They are so selfish and stupid they can't handle a grown woman and her desires. I would love to humiliate these men and make them cry. I mean feel from the heart kind of crying.....so I can kick the crap out of them.
ok...I'm stepping away from the soap box:soapbox:

It is very sad that these kids, (401 of them so far) are pretty messed up by these perverts. These guys aren't very far off from the ones that flew planes into the Twin Towers in "their" beliefs of religious perversions in the name of God.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just on the news, one girl is missing along with her pervert. Or should I say one pervert with an innocent girl that won't be right the rest of her life.

murph

American Woman

Site Supporter
It is very sad that these kids, (401 of them so far) are pretty messed up by these perverts. These guys aren't very far off from the ones that flew planes into the Twin Towers in "their" beliefs of religious perversions in the name of God.
I never thought of it that way. Thanks....I different angle to hate'em :thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
How about their dick in a bench Vise. You could crank it one turn every hour.

I always thought sliding down a 100 foot razor blade into a bat of alcohol would hurt too.:toilet:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

I always thought sliding down a 100 foot razor blade into a bat of alcohol would hurt too.:toilet:
Hey! that would work too! :applause:

This whole thing makes me think of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians, etc..

These cults spell nothing but trouble for the children in the end.
neutral.gif

They call themselves a Fundamentalist sect .. that word always makes me think of innocence and going back to simpler times, refusing to live in the sinful ways of the world and following changes within a particular religious group.
Makes me say hmmmm..
They're all crazy!!

American Woman

Site Supporter

Oh my.....the razor blade is.....but could you make him cry first?:rolleyes:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
They call themselves a Fundamentalist sect .. that word always makes me think of innocence and going back to simpler times, refusing to live in the sinful ways of the world and following changes within a particular religious group.
Makes me say hmmmm..
They're all crazy!!

From what I gather, they are true to the Mormon's original "roots", it is the modern Mormon Church itself that broke away from these guys under the threat of having their Leaders thrown in Jail for doing what these guys are doing... these guys have been practicing the same thing all along.

It would appear that the modern Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, are the Fundamentalist Sect. that broke off from the original teachings of John Smith. Brigham Young himself had a number of young wives that were kept in secret.

Cherry Valley was when a bunch of early Mormon's wanted to leave and Brigham Young ordered his men to dress like Indian's and killed about 140 of them, men, women and even the older children that they figured would remember what happened.

John Smith had quite a history before starting the Mormon's, he was convicted of killing a "Mason" that was going to publish a book that told of their secret meetings and signs.

Anyway, there are some really good people that are Mormons that I know, don't believe what they do, but they are still good people regardless.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Foggy, my friend Brenda is a Mormon.
She's a good person and yes.. she's always wanting to preach to me and wants me to read "The Book".
As long as we steer clear of religion, we're ok.:smileywac

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
She's a good person and yes.. she's always wanting to preach to me and wants me to read "The Book".

Like I said, the ones that are in the lower levels are a pretty good bunch of people for the most part. I have had lots of friends that try to "Share" their version of what they believe and I make it pretty clear that I am not really interested, once the ground rules are set, I get along with them pretty nicely.

But in "MY" dealings with those in the "Upper" Crust of the org. don't seem to have very good business princibles....

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
From what I gather, they are true to the Mormon's original "roots", it is the modern Mormon Church itself that broke away from these guys under the threat of having their Leaders thrown in Jail for doing what these guys are doing... these guys have been practicing the same thing all along.

It would appear that the modern Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, are the Fundamentalist Sect. that broke off from the original teachings of John Smith. Brigham Young himself had a number of young wives that were kept in secret.

Cherry Valley was when a bunch of early Mormon's wanted to leave and Brigham Young ordered his men to dress like Indian's and killed about 140 of them, men, women and even the older children that they figured would remember what happened.

John Smith had quite a history before starting the Mormon's, he was convicted of killing a "Mason" that was going to publish a book that told of their secret meetings and signs.

Anyway, there are some really good people that are Mormons that I know, don't believe what they do, but they are still good people regardless.

studied mormonism a long time. It was Joe Smith, not John, and he was the leader of the mormon church at the time he killed more than one mason. He himself was killed as he tried to run from a jail after killing a mason, he was heard to shout the mason call, or if you listen to them mormons he was calling to their god.

Joe Smith started the mormons with his words from his hat book, now known as the book or mormon. It was perfect as it was so he said, but has had many many changes.

Many of the mormon 'traditions' that are secret are from the masons, handshakes, etc. you are not allowed in the temple unless you know them......... If you are married mormon, and your family is not, they are not allowed in. In fact NO MORMON 'preist' can actually marry someone, they are not legally able to. Their secret ceremony is just that a ceremony, you are already married by someone who can sign your license.

This group has kept the 'traditional' mormon teaching of many wives, hence many kids, a way to increase the numbers. If you leave the sect or cult, in many cases you are disowned even by your family. here apparently they take it to the next step, you can not leave. The mormon church today denies all aspects of this group. Secretly my guess is they wish they could be them. If polygamy were legal, there would not be a safe 15 year old girl in the cult.

Old whats his name did have up to 40 some wives, depending on who you talk to...........and some 140 kids. In their favor, there was NEVER any abuse as this pos has done. No mormon I have ever talked to would encourage abuse, and I dont believe even back in joey's day (as I called him) I dont believe there was abuse. Not physical anyway.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Like I said, the ones that are in the lower levels are a pretty good bunch of people for the most part. I have had lots of friends that try to "Share" their version of what they believe and I make it pretty clear that I am not really interested, once the ground rules are set, I get along with them pretty nicely.

But in "MY" dealings with those in the "Upper" Crust of the org. don't seem to have very good business princibles....

want to get them to NOT stop by.................one of two ways........tell the boys that you will give them 5 minutes, but they have to give you 5 to tell your story............the leaders will pull them out so fast and they will mark your house as satanic. you are exposing them for the liars they are.

secondly, answer the door in your bday suit, if you happen to be female they will run like hell to get away, and the leaders will come to see what they missed...................

went to a seminar once in Chicago, the ones putting on the show told us of how when the guys from Utah came they drank like fish. Mormons dont drink, well at least not in their town they dont.......... Truth or not, dont know, but funny as hell.

oh and they dont bother me anymore, they know I know the truth about them and about salvation...............

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

the book is where they get you hooked, well those that dont have something to believe in. I have the book, in fact I have a quad, all 4 books they use. A friend sent it after she left them due to my telling her the truth. I am glad you can be friends with her, that is rare actually, and you should stay close as you can.

Their story can be so believable to someone with nothing else to believe.

American Woman

Site Supporter
I have a regular client that I just found out was Mormon. I've been cutting his hair for over a year. We talk about everything, but he never mentioned the Mormon part until recently. He talks about a loving religion kind of like Jahova and Christian mixed together. Next time I see him I will ask him about old farts waiting for little girls to be ripe......A$$hOles

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Unfortunately these children know no other life style. As I said before all the counseling in the world will not help the majority of these kids. Even the mothers of these children have learned to accept this life style. It is a shame.

murph