• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS 1968 snowmaster

dmeisner

Located in northern Nevada. $12,500.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 476

dmeisner

I have recieved a fair amount of interest in my snowcat, which is great. A little backstory and perhaps insight for those interested......I have owned her for 18 seasons. I run her from December into May most years, mostly to access skiing terrain in the 9000+ Foot elevation range. She will pull to 10,500 with a load, no issues. This is a wide track, with side hill cleats, and probably isn't the best machine for the Midwest. I have a home in northern Minnesota, so I am familiar with the country. Truly, the deeper and colder and dryer the snow the better. Like all units of this design, heat is a problem. And steering is an art. I have found that heat tape on the engine compartment exhaust components and a remote oil cooler, higher capacity oil pump and oil sump help a ton with the heat issues, so does a nice head wind:). The steering has its limitations, playing the terrain and staying in the fall-line on climbs and looking a bit ahead is key to keeping her in one piece and having a fun adventure. Although we have used her primarily as a family ski rig, we have done dozens of vehicle rescues, snowmobile river rescues, other snowcat recoveries. We have chukar hunted, duck hunted, and pulled skid steers out of the mud. Mechanically, oh man...if you don't keep your hands dirty on these, they will let you down. I have sheared axels, sucked valves, fouled fuel lines, lost bogies, flattened tires and more. I painted her in 2008 and rebuilt the engine in 2010. The tracks are aged, the same rubber as when I purchased the unit and one other out of south Milwaukee. I am not in a hurry to replace it. There are years left if stored out of the sun. The grousers are in great shape. The bottom variatorbelt adjustment is locked up with rust, but has not been an issue for me. If I were to keep her, that would be my next fix. Long winded,d