• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pick your stock game !!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK .
Time to pick you stock for our winter stock market game . It will be for 6 months . Pick and hold for 6 months .You have $10,000 to invest .

Game will start Sept 1st :

My pick is all $10,000.into CHK
It is selling at $26.02 a share = 384 shares .

I will refigure the buying price/shares for Sept 1st or we can start when you guys are ready .
Edit :
We might as well start today since we have 3 players .Anyone else can jump in when they have time .

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Pick you stock game !!!!

wish we would have started yesterday . I am up 2.65% this morning alone :wow:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Pick you stock game !!!!

HIMX. 1215 shares @ $8.23. Eat my dust, bitches. :w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Players so far :

Big Al CHK @ 26.02 = 384 shares

Boomer REXX @ 14.75 =678 shares

Lawman HIMX @ 8.23 = 1215 shares

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
based on close prices as of today :

BigAl is up $276.48:clap:
Boomer is up $67.80:w00t2:
Lawman is Down $-85.05 (who is the bitch now ???):yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Come on People !!!! The rest of you need to get your picks in !!!!! There is money to be made here . Except for "Lawman" whose has chosen a real turd:yum: .
Show your skills !!!Impress your friends and make your enemy's fear you :unsure:
Are you really going to let some back woods opinionated fat guy named BigAl show all of you up ???:biggrin:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
JNJ $103.60 > 24 shares Johnson and Johnson. Recently bought into by Berkshire Hathaway
XOM $99.24 >25 shares Exxon Mobile. I used to own a bunch… manager sold it right before it really went up...
CAT $108.88 >22 shares Caterpillar. My pick for my own account several years ago. Manager sold it right before it really went up...
DHR $76.46 >34 shares Danaher. Still own this. Not sure what they do.

Whew. That was a bunch of math with no calculator !

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ummm, I thought we were only to pick one stock. I didn't see plural anywhere.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The snowcat logger lady picks 92 shares @ $108.88 of a fine American Company !!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Players so far :

Big Al CHK @ 26.02 = 384 shares

Boomer REXX @ 14.75 =678 shares

Lawman HIMX @ 8.23 = 1215 shares

Snowcat Lady Cat @108.88 =92 shares

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just a little update as to the standings as of today or we can begin on Sept 1 since I AM KICKING YOUR BUTTS :w00t2:.

EAT MY Dust , Lawman aka JPR62902 !!!:biggrin:

BCZoom = $305.10

JPR62902 = $9.72

Pixie = $1.75

BigAl =$453.12

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
[B said:
DHR , Still own this. Not sure what they do.[/B]

!

Here you go . Never own a stock that you do not know what it is and does . That's like handing your hard earned money to a stranger and hoping he will come back with a profit for you .

2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Suite 800W
Washington, DC 20037
United States - Map
Phone: 202-828-0850
Fax: 202-828-0860

Details Index Membership:N/ASector:Industrial GoodsIndustry:Diversified MachineryFull Time Employees:66,000
Business Summary Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and commercial products and services worldwide. The company’s Test & Measurement segment provides test, measurement, and monitoring products that are used in electronic design, manufacturing, and technology development; network monitoring, management, and optimization tools; and security solutions for communications and enterprise networks. Its Environmental segment offers instrumentation and disinfection systems to analyze and manage the quality of water; and solutions and services focused on fuel dispensing, remote fuel management, point-of-sale systems, payment systems, environmental compliance, vehicle tracking, and fleet management. The company’s Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment provides various research and clinical tools for scientists to study cells and its components; and a range of analytical instruments, reagents, consumables, software, and services for hospitals, physician’s offices, reference laboratories, and various critical care settings. Its Dental segment provides dental consumables, equipment, and services for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease and ailments of the teeth, gums, and supporting bone. Danaher Corporation’s Industrial Technologies segment offers equipment, consumables, and software for consumer and industrial products; and electromechanical motion control solutions for the industrial automation and packaging markets. This segment also provides sensors and controls products instruments to manufacturing markets and electric utility industry; energetic material systems to systems integrators and prime contractors; and supplemental braking systems for commercial vehicles. The company was formerly known as Diversified Mortgage Investors, Inc. and changed its name to Danaher Corporation in 1984. Danaher Corporation was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, Al.
Pretty broad spectrum of things from dental stuff to braking systems.
It's one I inherited.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I forgot that people have that happen( inherit) every now and then . I'm sorry .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Standing results :

BCZoom = $135.60

JPR62902 = $255.15

Pixie = $3.68

BigAl =$299.82

Energy stocks took a beating today.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
We need Dave Nay to set up one of those Google thingies for us.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Jpr is doing some major "Ass Kicking " this morning !!!! Way to go :clap::w00t2::clap::w00t2:. Up over 3%

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Lets just say that JPR is the new leader by a large margin . I'll start posting new results about weekly from now on .

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Screen shot:

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 163

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Ouch! We took a beatin' this week!