• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looks Like a Portion of Highway 287 Could Be Named After President Trump

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Oklahoma News
Looks Like a Portion of Highway 287 Could Be Named After President Trump
Stryker
February 19, 2020

Looks like they have chosen a different stretch of highway to name after the President.

You may remember back in November I told you about Senators Nathan Dahn and Marty Quinn wanting to rename a portion of Historic Route 66 after President Trump. That bill received a lot of backlash since Historic Route 66 is arguably the most famous highway in the country. They were also criticized since the highway was in neither one of their districts.

Once again, the two are not putting the highway in either of their districts. This highway is about six hours away from their districts. This time they're going with a twenty mile stretch of Highway 287. It goes from Boise City, Oklahoma to the Texas border line. The bill passed a Senate committee on Tuesday.

We will see if everything goes as planed for President Donald J. Trump Highway in the future.

Read More: Portion of Highway 287 Could Be Named After President Trump | https://newstalk1290.com/looks-like...trump/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my! I don't think that is a very appropriate section of road at all. 287 in the Oklahoma panhandle is a really BORING road going through some really BORING country. Donald Trump is anything but boring.

I-40 is essentially Route 66 these days. Pick a section of it and call it the Donald J Trump Highway. At least it is a Federal Highway.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my! I don't think that is a very appropriate section of road at all. 287 in the Oklahoma panhandle is a really BORING road going through some really BORING country. Donald Trump is anything but boring.

I-40 is essentially Route 66 these days. Pick a section of it and call it the Donald J Trump Highway. At least it is a Federal Highway.

Or how about the entire stretch of US287? Port Arthur in Texas on the Gulf through Colorado wandering around Wyoming and Montana cutting through Yellowstone then stopping a few miles short of the Canadian Border?

Bannedjoe

I used to run 287 all the time when I had a weekly dedicated route from Denver to Pascagoula.
I don't know about now, but there were long stretches of 287 that were hammer down highway where a guy could really open up a triple digit truck.:smile:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to run 287 all the time when I had a weekly dedicated route from Denver to Pascagoula.
I don't know about now, but there were long stretches of 287 that were hammer down highway where a guy could really open up a triple digit truck.:smile:

287 to Beaumont then I10 into Mississippi? I’ve driven that several times for work and my wife had relatives in LA (lower Alabama) and Gulfport.

There's many long stretches of rural 287 in Texas with the speed limit set at 75 mph.

Only thing holding you back would be the State Troopers :bolt:

Attachments

• C5215BA2-541E-4F73-84F1-76A828294090.jpeg
    C5215BA2-541E-4F73-84F1-76A828294090.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 20

Bannedjoe

287 to Beaumont then I10 into Mississippi? I’ve driven that several times for work and my wife had relatives in LA (lower Alabama) and Gulfport.

There's many long stretches of rural 287 in Texas with the speed limit set at 75 mph.

Only thing holding you back would be the State Troopers :bolt:
Pretty much, yup.
Except there was no GPS on trucks back then, and Quaalcom was barely making a showing.
We avoided the Bears by simple CB communication.

Strangest thing though.
Every week I'd haul beef liver from BP or Monfort down to Pascagoula, and it went to a HUGE storage facility that only took in 3 things:
Beef liver, Chicken liver, and marshmallows.
It was then all packed on ships and sent to India.
wvNtDnl.gif

I'd drop that off first thing monday morning, then slide over to Mobile Alabama for a load of bananas (aka monkey pickles) and I'd be back in Denver sometime early wed.

Bannedjoe

I hope they had something else to mix with that when they cooked! :bolt:

The only thing I could ever imagine, is that maybe they were making dog food?
Every load of beef liver though, had to come with the required certificate of humane kill.
Go figger.