• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new snow trac fuse box

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
almost done with my replacement fuse box.
DSC01288.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that looks like mine kind of and it's where I wanted to put mine except I already had a bunch of switches there.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks a lot more practical than the original style fuses too!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes I do have a few open. the way it is set up is one side is dead unless the key is on. the other side is always hot unless the heavy toggle switch next to it is off. The hot side is for radio ,dome lights power outlet things you would need when parked.
i hope this is correct. It is my first try at that stuff.

the old trucker

I hope to be doing most of the electrical next spring on my B12. What is the purpose of using the "HOT" box verus turning the key on ACC. ???? I was thinking about using 2 batteries. 1 for starting only & the other for accessories. I want to be able to charge both batteries when running. It will be about an 8' run from the battery to the fuse panel.

OT.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
so you don't have to turn the key to use stuff like the dome lights.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
old trucker if you are running 2 batterys you have one of 2 ways to do it you can use a continuous duty solenoid turned on with ignition power,or you can use a more complex isolator. the isolator has an advantage that it will prevent you from drawing down your starting battery if you ever load your charging system otherwise the solenoid is simple and cheap