• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Air Cooling

Cletis

At higher Altitude say 9K -10K ft, does the thinner air have an effect on air cooled machines, as in do the engines run hotter at higher altitudes?

Thank you Cletis

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
an air cooled engine does run differentat high altitude but because of fuel air mixture wich is why aircraft engines have an adjustable mixture control when using a carb you have to set it up to run at sea level ar at high altitude but its not going to run good at both. and because you are using a fan that blows much more air than you need to cool the engine i don't see a loss of cooling capacity because of thinner air.

Cletis

I'm thinking that was a stupid question. I didn't even think about an airplane engine until you mentioned it. Thanks