• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac in "The Shining"

Alp Trac

Attachments

• 271.jpg
    271.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 443

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From the same site, it appears there was a Thikol in the movie as well.

Click here

It's been awhile since I saw the movie but if they had either machine, why didn't the use one to get away?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
The snow-trac was sabotaged (cut the plug wires and removed the cap) and the thiokol is the one they did escape in.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
More people have told me about this Snow Trac in the movies than I can count. The 4 actors in this picture include Jack Nicholson and Shelly Duval. I generated a Video on Snow Trac's that starts out with a 5 minute segment of this movie that the above picture was take from. It includes:Snow Tracs on Parade, Russel Ridge, Cash Prarie, the Northwest Vintage VW Meet where the ST4 Owners club displayed 5 Snow Trac's and 1 Trac Master, and some footage of a trip up Crater Lake National Monument in Oregon in record snows, roughly 30 feet. The producers from the movie industry would probably Sue, if I sold it. Guess I'll just have to give it away for free!
I tracked this machine down to a Lodge in Alaska on the Glen Highway, between Anchorage and Glen Ellen. The last I heard it changed hands for a substantial sum, but this is just rumor and the lodge may still have it. When I was working in GlenEllen, on the Alaska Pipeline, the "Buzz" was that the owners didn't want to sell.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I had LYNDON'S Video that I have now sent to BSKURKA. Its a great little clip of the Snow Trac in the movie. Also LYNDON has some video footage of trips his club had made to Crater Lake and other beautiful locations. Some very cool footage.