• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS 1970 THIOKOL SPRITE 1202B-38, and Thiokol Trailer

JJD

THIOKOL SPRITE 1202B-38
seats 5 or 6,
has Ford 6 cylinder w/ 4 spd. ,
OC12 rear end,
Torsion bar axel suspension
Solid foam filled tires in great condition
tracks are in great shape
Everything works well, just email me
Tracks are 36” wide each for a total overall 100” wide.
No dents, rested through spots.
Needs paint and cleaning.
email me directly for many more picture in much better detail.
can sell separately or package deal with or without deliver
jdkingofgates@aol.com
425-531-2396
can deliver

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe I am blind, but I have seen no purchase price. Says he will trade for a 1970 SS Chevelle though and pay the difference in value. What ever that is worth..?

Regards, Kirk

undy

tomelroy,

His ads leave a bit to be desired. He still hasn't updated his location either, even though it's been commented that it's required. I emailed him from one of his earlier ads for this stuff. This is what I wrote on that earlier thread:

I got this in an email from JJD:
I think for 12,500 I will delive up to 1000 miles.

He comes off as a nice guy. I'd asked about the trailer, and it sounds like he'll entertain offers on it. But he'd prefer to keep the cat with the trailer, and i told him that sounded like the best option.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now you can start your bid at $16,900 on ebay.
Business & Industrial>Agriculture & Forestry>Forestry Equipment & Supplies>Equipment

CLEAN-THIOKOL-1202B-SPRYTE-CREWCAB-SNOWCAT-ONLY-900HRS-OC-12-REAR-6CYL-4SPD
Have one to sell? Sell now
CLEAN THIOKOL 1202B SPRYTE CREWCAB SNOWCAT ONLY 900HRS OC-12 REAR 6CYL 4SPD
NO RESERVE SNOW GROOMER SNO KAT CAT TUCKER Bombardier !
| Add to watch list
Seller information
chopstutrade (293 )
97.1% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
See other items

Item condition:Seller refurbished
“UPDATED THE PAINT , DRIVETRAIN HAS BEEN FRESHENED , STEER BRAKES , CLUTCH FEEL BRAND NEW ! TRACKS , ” ... Read more
Time left: Time left:4d 17h Thursday, 11:57AM
Starting bid:US $16,900.00
[ 0 bids ]

Place bid
Enter US $16,900.00 or more
Add to watch list
Add to collection
Located in United States

JJD

If you all would notice, that is a different seller.

It sold to a dealer in UT. I guess you all should have bought it at the bargain price.

A dealer cleaned it up and is entitled to make a profit.

I have never met a bigger bunch of nosey tire kickers in my life, so I gave that thing away so as not to have to deal with your group of tire kickers.

If you want something just buy it or someone else will. Not one of you were serious enough to come see it.

JJD

like you said, I never posted a price, so no one knows what I was asking or how much it sold for. Trus me I sold it much less than what the rumored price out there was.
I just wanted it gone from my property.
It sure was a bargain to someone. and now its much much much more so it was a bargain compared to the price now.

it will be interesting to see how much it goes for on eBay. when it sell for 16,900 to 20K you all will probably realize it was a good money maker.

just think, the higher it sells for on eBay must mean yours is worth more.

I heard it sold to the dealer for $11,000 which if true was no bargain, maybe fair but certainly no bargain. Glad it all worked out for you.

JJD

You heard wrong. Again, its all hearsay but really, who cares if it was a bargain to you or not. I t sold and I'm not telling anyone for how much.
I have my reasons.
But if you really use your head and know snow cats, then you would be able to know that a dealer could not afford to buy for 11K, transport it, clean it, paint it and do what every else it needed to make it safe and then sell it for 16,900
I sold it to the only person serious enough to show up and for the price he offered.
I really would have preferred to sell to someone who would love to have and enjoyed using it but I had to go with the guy with some cash.
If I told how much I sold it for there would be some very disappointed guys out there who just couldn't pull the trigger on a purchase.

So can we all give it a rest and move on??? to the next one.
It will be very interesting to see what it goes for on eBay.
I'm sure I will regret not having the time to paint it and go through it and I see the lost opportunity of profit based on what it could have or does sell for on eBay.

JJD

I still have the 1970 Thiokol trailer and will make a good deal on it to anyone ready and willing to come get it without a ton of questions and BS.

tomelroy

When i first got an email notification about your above post responding to the ebay listing, you refered to the members as a group as losers. Looks like you edited your post from losers to tire kickers.
You join a forum to sell your cat. You never bothered to follow the rules, then you call the members who may have been interested in your cat losers? Wow!

JJD

Im not trying to pi$$ anyone off or be evasive.
When I fist posted this, I stated I know nothing about this stuff because I inherited it when I bought some property form the back of a deceased person.
I didn't have any idea what it was worth so I didn't put a price and relied you your group for their expertise and honesty.
I got a lot of advise, some good and some bad. I email many people who ask, dozens of detailed pictures and added lots of information to asked questions. When I started I did not know, what rear end it d (oc12), torsion axels, condition of tracks foam filled tires etc. Some advise given by some of the members was very helpful and honest, telling me its value as is and with some fresh paint.
Funny thing is after all the tire kickers, the buyer was not a member and did not find it on this Forum, but on a much more common AD LISTING. It turned out to be a dealer and he has it listed right at the price some of your members said it would be worth if it was in better condition. Maybe I should have put it on eBay.
Read the dealers eBay ad and you will get a better idea of how nice it was.
If your still interested, buy it. The guy has a right to make a nice profit and only he can tell what he has into it.
As far as the trailer, I have title from the state, it says 1970 Thiokol and I posted many pictures. I have two buyers lined up but its not worth delivering it far, and I am using it for other things. If anyone wants a Thiokol trailer then, I can buy any ole flatbed to do what I need it for.
I have have sold many things in my live, I just have never so many people any about something they did not want or buy. kinda like "sore Losers" of a game.
I guess a the joke is on me, why am I surprised that most everyone here on Forums is "talkers" after all that is what a forums is a talk site. Buyers go to other sites I guess. I had an item for sale, I listed it, not one person her went out of their way to come see it so I guess no one here really wanted it. I'm guessing that the dealer knows best where to sell them, after all that's what he does. If you think its important to know my business, call Jeff if you want to know what he paid for it, he can tell you if he wants or he can mislead you also.
Someone nice and polite will end up with a nice cat trailer, I'm in no hurry.
I will say all of the guys who contacted me by phone and personal email were nice and seemed very sincere but just didn't have the time or means to come see it.
The dealer bought it sight unseen and was very happy with the purchase. He convinced me it needed an automatic C4 trans and many other things but I see he decided not so much. I'm very sure I could have got much more out of it had I had it painted and cleaned up. I guess I'll watch eBay since their is no reserve.
I wish you all the best and hope to see you all at Timerline Lodge for the Cats Meow, I think I made on friend out of this and will go check it out for fun.

JJD

I just got this from a member through my personal email.
"I’ve spoken to Jeff in SLC. I made a HUGE mistake not buying that cat from you. I had a mechanic friend go look at it at his shop and he thought it was solid. But he was very disappointed with the paint job Jeff did as he did not clean the grease off before he painted. Nor did he remove windows or trim. It was ’50 yard Dupont Restoration’. No question he should be paid for his work but not (REDACTED) over what he paid for it.

Live and learn experience for me. Should have gone with my gut and made you and offer to buy it that was another 1-2K more then Jeff offered. Oh well, hopefully i can still buy the trailer from you!!!!!!

Talk to you soon!
(REDACTED)

Consider the trailer sold, now.

JJD

I could not agree more but that's the nature of eBay.

Im goanna be a little butt hurt if it sells for that much, but it probably will based on things I see on eBay go for.

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't let "the tire kickers" get to you. There are people on EVERY forum that find fault with everything and/or make it about THEM. For them the price is always too high or that model/year was a piece of junk. I guess it's just the nature of these little get togethers,and it's best to look upon it as entertainment (with the possibility of actually learning things from time to time.)

I know I learned a lot here on FF - perhaps more about what I didn't want than what I did want, but both are important - thanks to what I've learned here from people generous with their knowledge, has made it so I have two pieces of equipment that I'm pleased with - the J5 is a tough as nails work horse, and the Tucker I just bought couldn't be better - I was able to make good decisions because of what I learned in this group, and for that I give thanks

I just got this from a member through my personal email.
"I’ve spoken to Jeff in SLC. I made a HUGE mistake not buying that cat from you. I had a mechanic friend go look at it at his shop and he thought it was solid. But he was very disappointed with the paint job Jeff did as he did not clean the grease off before he painted. Nor did he remove windows or trim. It was ’50 yard Dupont Restoration’. No question he should be paid for his work but not (REDACTED) over what he paid for it.

Live and learn experience for me. Should have gone with my gut and made you and offer to buy it that was another 1-2K more then Jeff offered. Oh well, hopefully i can still buy the trailer from you!!!!!!

Talk to you soon!
(REDACTED)

Consider the trailer sold, now.

That was probably all in your handwriting:w00t2: