• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Live Chupacabra Caught?

Bamby

3452569_G.jpg

Ratcliffe, TX - The story of the mythical chupacabra has been around for decades. It's described as a hairless beast, known for attacking other animals, and sucking the blood of cattle and other livestock, particularly goats. Now, one couple from a tiny Texas town says they found an animal who just might make the myth a reality.

Deep in the back woods of south Texas, you never know what might be lurking around the corner...or...in your tree.

"He saw this strange animal up here eating corn," said Jackie Stock, of her husband.

In Ratcliffe, a small town in Dewitt County, residents are certain they've found the mythical, despicable chupacabra and this time...it's alive.

Stock says her husband caught the creature Sunday night. "He called me to come and look and I said, 'Bubba, that looks like a baby chupacabra.'" she said.

With it's hairless back, large claws, countless teeth, and ferocious growl...many would say this animal fits the bill.

"I hunted coons for 20 years with dogs and I ain't never seen anything that look like that right there," said Ratcliffe resident Arlen Parma.

Parma says one of the big signs it's not a raccoon is it's growl. "Coon don't make that noise...or a possum," he said. "What makes that noise," we asked. "I guess a chupacabra does, I don't know, I ain't ever heard it from another animal," Parma added.

Janelle Bludau, reporting: "Here in Dewitt County, most people are convinced this is the elusive chupacabra, but what do wildlife experts have to say?"

"The animal in the cage, as best I can tell from the view, is some sort of a small canine," said Brent Ortego, with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

Ortego says a canine can include a coyote, dog, or even a fox. He says the animal most likely has mange, which has caused it to lose its hair. But, as for a chupacabra, he thinks otherwise. "It's never been proven to be a unique species. It was always something out there that allegedly was said to cause harm to people or livestock," he said.

Chupacabra or not, right now this little guy is staying at the Stock household, living off a diet of cat food and corn...at least until someone can find out what it really is.

"We were just trying to figure out what it is because we've never seen anything like it before," said Stock, who also said she's not sure what she's going to do with the animal just yet. Right now, she's just trying to figure out what it is.

8wfla.com

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Raccoon maybe? Obviously without its fur coat.

Bamby

I'm a mind it is or should I say was a coon also, though it appears to have been in pretty poor health.