• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Expanse

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Has anyone else seen this show?

It's not Firefly, but it seems (to me) to be a pretty good Sci-Fi show with a good story line and well written characters.

Tuesdays on SyFy...

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I think this last Tuesday was the season finale, but I'm sure it will run again.

It is available on line.

Here is the premier episode.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lqz_oEWZEU[/ame]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah!! Come on now. You recommend a show, get me all hyped up and then tell me it's finished????? Tease!!!!:yum:

My internet connection isn't fast enough to watch streaming video on the internet. Even my "smart TV" isn't that smart. :biggrin:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone else seen this show?

It's not Firefly, but it seems (to me) to be a pretty good Sci-Fi show with a good story line and well written characters.

Tuesdays on SyFy...
Started watching. They used the Lord's name in vein. Turned it off.

I don't need to be offended while I am being entertained. I have no use for that.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
So, the phrase "Go-ram" contraction for "God damn" doesn't bother you? It was only used 25 time per episode of Firefly. Plus many other masked expletives. You must have turned off that show right away, too.

1 , 2, etc, etc. I guess not.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, actually it does bother me. But its intentionally clouded. The meaning is reasonably clear. So is Gosh Darn, for that matter.

But blatantly using the Lord's name in vein is even more offensive.

Its a line in the sand thing. We all draw it at some point. We all choose that point. We walk away or fight when its crossed. Pick your point, I pick mine.