• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stuck starter

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
... Or a double entendre ?

No, not meant that way. Takes longer to find the wrench and undo the terminal than to poke the starter with a stick. I wrapped the wrench in a glove after I got it unstuck...still quite a mark on the starter where it stuck on :whistling:
Sure, I could have thought to put the starter in before the batteries but figured I'd want to lie down for a while after dealing with the batteries...silly me. :)

The first time the starter mysteriously started cranking with the key out of the ignition, I was lying under the truck and couldn't remember if it was in gear or not. Just don't trust the beast any more.

prospector

Hi Pixie.
That problem happened to me once with my NH tractor in the winter. The culprit was temperature fluctuations that was real mild accompanied with rain, then within a few hours flash freeze. Condensation had build up somewhere, causing the internal to get stucked. Couldn't disconnect the battery group fast enought but fortunately they simply died down without having any damages done. For solving it, I simply plug the engine block heather on for a few hours.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forums, Prospector !

Ya, that could have caused it. It had been sitting a while.
There's no electricity where the truck is. I've ordered a solar battery charger so the next time, the batteries should either be strong enough to start it or last long enough so I have time to disconnect them. Ha Ha !!