• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Cost of living ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow ! I was talking with a good friend who has a Masters in Finace . He is a pretty sharp guy and VP with a major Company .

We were talking "average wages" and he was saying they now pay about $100,000 . a year for a average employee . He said that is about lower/middle income . I about crapped .

While Wages do go up to "sometimes help" offset raising cost of goods , what is a person on a fixed income suppose to do . I see each year as retired folks do with a little less because their buying dollar will not go as far anymore .
Just seems to me that America has its priorites a little backwards .

Me, I guess I am very fortunate as I never believed the goverment would help much anyway and growing up poor I learned to watch my spending . I been called cheap . I also been called frugal . All I know is I make my own way now and depend on no one to survive .

I do know my own goverment never did much to help its own people other than to raise taxes .

Yes ,we are one nation that is always saying we are free to live the way we want ,but at what price ? Are we really that free ? Let me put it another way .

The average working American works 5 months a year just to pay all his goverment tax obligations . That does not sound so free to me ?

If our goverment is taking away 30 - 50% of your income to support itself , tell me how that makes me so free again ???:unsure:

If you decide to give that "so called freedom" up , you can . But please remember that you must , by law ,signed by President Bush ,leave 50% of your total worth behind as punishment for leaving .

Don't believe me ???? Look it up .

So now ,good Americans that can't afford to live here and decide to go find a cheaper place to exist are now being punished by the same goverment that says it cares .These same Americans are crimnals in the eyes of America because in order to take the money that they earned and paid taxes on already they must now try to sneak out of the U.S. ,like a common criminal.

Enjoy your freedom , You earned it ......

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
$100,000? We never made that with the wife and I both working. We exist on under 35,000 now. Just enough that we don't qualify for any insurance or whatever assistance is out there. Taxes go up and income has actually came down the past 2 years.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
$100,000? We never made that with the wife and I both working. We exist on under 35,000 now. Just enough that we don't qualify for any insurance or whatever assistance is out there. Taxes go up and income has actually came down the past 2 years.
Same situation here, but it don't seem so bad because we don't Jones for all the latest toys, and the kids are all on their own. Hell, we even save for vacations, and have already paid for a week in the Dominican Republic in February. We pay cash for cars and do not carry any balance on our credit cards. I think being debt free is the real answer to living on less. This year sales for my business are down 15%, and we have not gone hungry or missed a payment.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Al-- $100k would only be considered "middle income" in that ridiculous place called Kal-ee-for-nee-a.

The rest of the normal country would look at $50k being closer to an "average" professional wage.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al-- $100k would only be considered "middle income" in that ridiculous place called Kal-ee-for-nee-a.

The rest of the normal country would look at $50k being closer to an "average" professional wage.
The 50 K wage is just part of the story. Add health insurance at 15K, employers contribution to SS and medicare at 15 K, 3 weeks vacation at 3k + another 3K for temp replacement labor. Cost of defending harassment and discrimination lawsuits add another 5K, other perks add another 10K. The first thing you know, you are talking about real money.
Or the business can just contract out the labor to another country for 1-5 bucks an hour.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al i was shocked at what you are posting i do make some where in those numbers thaught it was pretty good for a mechanic however my utility bill runs about 300 bucks a month 400 for heating oil than auto and home owners insurance and oh yes my cable / internet / cel package about 150 per month than after the house payment not much left and i forgot to tell you the liberals want to rais my taxes because i'm rich my god my last trip to the store for grocerys for the family was 700 bucks i like my wages i would really like to see he cost of living go down a bit.