• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Unsplashing the boat for the winter

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Saturday, 9am. Boat gets pulled and put into heated storage.
Crap.
What happened to summer 2015?

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Something about Earth orbiting the sun on a tilted axis ...

Duh.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Summer seemed to barely get going, and then it was over. We were able to boat most of the weekends once we got past the chitty June weather. But that sure did shorten our summer, especially with things changing so soon after labor day weekend.

I winterize next Weds. Indian summer will probably be shortly behind.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My boat got winterized two weeks ago. I built a tripod ridgepole setup and threw a large tarp over it at camp. I think i only got it in the water four times this summer before my accident. Kinda depressing seeing it sit there knowing I couldn't use it.

Kane

It's always a sad day when the bottom of the boat gets dry ... from Halloween until Easter ... really sux. But that was when I lived in Maryland. Twenty years. Back before the liberals took over.

So, in Sarasota, the weather is just getting cool enough to spend the entire day on the bay or gulf, every day of the year, and we can forget all about the human cesspools that make up a way too large a part of Maryland.

Sweet.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
It's all downhill after the equinox. Sucks for sure. I have to go get mine out of the lake next week. Only got out twice this year. Really no reason for me to even have a boat anymore.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm trying something different this year. We ran out of time and the water level of the lake we are on is being rapidly dropped by USACE, so I decided to let the marina where I purchased our boat handle everything.

I drove to the marina and handed them my keys. They will clean the boat, mainly power washing the pontoons, then store it for the winter. Next Spring they will clean it again, and put it in the water ready for next summer.

This sure makes it easier on my wife and I as we don't have to fool with loading it on the trailer, wrapping it for the winter, hauling it to/from the ramp, etc.

If you have never seen your boat about 15 feet in the air, it's quite an experience. Bob

Attachments

• IMG_1626 b.jpg
    IMG_1626 b.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 156

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Got a few weeks left here at lake Ozarks...looking forward to getting out on the lake and looking at the fall folage before it fades this year and maby putting a cat or two in the freezer ..Just finished up building a storage shed for our new pontoon...saves on marina charges each month...:biggrin:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Like washing cars is a rain dance for me, putting the boat away means next week end will be the most glorious weekend all year.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Saturday, 9am. Boat gets pulled and put into heated storage.
Crap.
What happened to summer 2015?
I hear ya,

The Marina called to tell me they had the cruiser pulled out and winterized. If I wanted anything off of it before they shrink wrapped , I had two weeks.

What I wanted was a cruise up the river during the fall colors.

The Glastron GT150 is apart for new upholstery and the motor is off the Vampire for rebuild.

What happened to summer?:unsure: