• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Registry

Dyna

Thanks Fred, kind of neat to read, even if some of it is less than desireable news.......Don Any News? Send me a PM

Chris

mntransplant

Hello, #1353, I live in North Pole, Alaska. It currently runs great and I'm contemplating restoring it. (I just bought it)
1353.jpg

VXclimber180

The following is in response to an email that I sent to Balmoral Castle asking to confirm the history on #600 that was supposed have been in service there for some 39 years. Just interesting info for whom ever bought it last week on Ebay.

Dear Merl
My name is David Scrimgeour , I am the Head Keeper on Delnadamph Estate which is part of the Balmoral Estate.
The snow trac was purchased by me in about 1990, I used it for a number of years for feeding sheep etc, before I sold it to a chap locally, it was never owned by the Balmoral Estate.
The history behind it is that it was owned by Mar Lodge Estate at Braemar, Aberdeenshire, they used it for feeding deer and other duties about the estate I think they would have been the first owners of it. It was then sold to a fencing contractor in Forres, up in Morayshire. I then bought it from them in 1990,it was in a bit of a sad state but I got it up and running and gave it a new coat of paint and it was in very good condition when I sold it to the chap in Aboyne, Aberdeenshire in 2006 . The next I knew the gentleman from France had bought it about 2 months later. It would originally have been imported by Alex Mclarty from Creiff in Perthshire who was the main agent here in the U K ,.
I would be interested to hear how you get on,
Good luck, Davie

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
mntransplant makes 69 in the list. As for #600...I don't have that one or the current owner. snowtrac Jim, do you have this one or is it a different one?

hello alaska120 i have a list of royal navy survivors it is not complete. most went down on atlantic convayer 1982 falklands and is a war grave so there gone R I P. will find it for you.have fun. jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Whoa, whoa. Don't everyone jump in at once now.
OK, let's try this.
I am assembling a list of Snow Trac's by serial number that are in known existence. If you wish to have your unit included, please PM me the serial number, model, present location and condition (i.e. running, restoring, parts, destroyed).
Thanks again!:glare:
Are you still doing this? I would like to see if if you are.
Jim

Hi Alaska120, sorry its taken so long to reply with this. this is the info I've found so far. Hope it's of use:
01RN74- ?
01RN75- Belongs to Snow Queen, UK
47RN34- ?
47RN40- Chassis No.1800. yellow, USA
52RN64- " " 1575, green, Soft top, restoration, Snowtrac Jim, UK
56RN55- REME museum, UK
62RN69- Chassis No.1905. FFR, snow, Soft top, fully restored, UK
62RN73- " " 1909. FFR, green, Hard top, UK
77RN08- ?
??RN??- Chassis No.1799. wreck, Cumbria UK

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Still assembling the list. It is just an Excel spreadsheet for now. I'll post a draft in a week or so to see if I've missed some. I'm sure I have...
Jason

SnowTrac Hunter

I have #446 which I now see is a 1964 model year. The engine is from 1962 I believe. Small industrial motor. Looks to be the original motor.

SnowTrac Hunter

Thanks for helping get mine back to town so I could put the new electronic ignition on. Running good now. Will have to have you up this winter for a little trip. Want to do some more modifications.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One thing you need to check is leaving the electronic ign on without it running. I understand this is bad .The way my older one is wired is you have to have the ign switch on to use your accessories. It is really easy just to turn the switch and not start it to use your lights.
can you tell me the size engine and what your ignition number is?
jim

SnowTrac Hunter

Jim,
I am up at work on the North Slope for the next two weeks. I believe it is the small industrial engine 36-40hp. I want to say 1190 model. The serial number matches the one on the fan shroud as well. I had problems with the fuel system and the distributor right off the bat when I bought it. Then the problems came back last winter. I had to leave it on the side of the trail until Jeff was able to rescue me. We put the electronic ignition in, and it seems to run fine now. I made sure to turn the ignition off all the time, and would disconnect the battery most times when not in use prior to installing the new ignition. I have not had much opportunity to run it, or haul materials. I would like to be able to haul some building materials in to my cabin near Lake Louise, Alaska. It is much easier to haul things in the winter while all the swamps are frozen.
Will try to remember to check model numbers on the conversion. It still is using the lower section of the distributor.
Thanks,
Joe

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My engine has been changed out to what looks like a 40 hp. I plan on switching over to eletronic and just thought I would check. My bombi electronic sender failed this year. I pulled it out of the barn added some fresh gas. Let it idle and it stoped after about 15 min. Good place ,it was ona trailer and next to my shop. I have a spare igniter along with my original points in my box now.
Not sure why it failed but it was replaced by pertronics.
jim

SnowTrac Hunter

Sat for about 5 months and fired right up without any problems. I will ask my son to check what brand and model # the new ignition is. Will get back to you with that info.

SnowTrac Hunter

It has a Type 122 engine, 1192 size. It is a 1962 year engine, and it has the matching fan cover. I beleive the carb is a 28 pic, but not sure. :glare:

SnowTrac Hunter

Thanks Don. Lyndon told me what the hp was when I bought it, but I have slept since then.

Jim - Here is what my son found on the electronic ignition.

[FONT=&quot]Compufire Dis-IS System P/N 11100[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coil Pack Replacement P/N 30320[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5497526MARSHALL03211[/FONT]

Hope that helps. Hate to be stuck at home when the snow is on the ground.

Joe

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thats a dis iginition wanted one than found there were some reliability issues so i opted to stay with points the plus side of that systen is it dosn't care if it gets wet

SnowTrac Hunter

Had trouble with the points. It was not wanting to start, bought several sets without any luck. Points, condenser, whole nine yards. This one is starting up every time. Hope it works out.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well i hope so too like i said i saw the kit and thaught it was cool how ever at the time the only way you could get spare parts was to buy a whole kit too much money just to drag around for spares

caribouhills17

I just got the snow trac st4 from fishing alaska in Kenai and the ser# is 708 not sure what the engine is yet . It will stay in the Kenai area. Found another one on Craigslist yesterday in Anchorage he is asking $4250.00 for it looks like it could be a easy fixer, Thanks for the forum it is a good place to find alot of information.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
#2116 is currently in Alpine (Monroe) , Benton County Oregon, USA Original engine, semi restored.

Attachments

• snowwhit.jpg
    snowwhit.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 625

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Plenty of snow at most of the comm sites I work on in the Cascades. Yep it is trailer, but then again, I would rather look at snow from afar than up close and personal out the kitchen window.