• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prices out of sight???????

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Last evening I went to Lowe's to pick up a few items. One of them was a 1 1/4" X 1 1/4" X 6' piece of 14 gauge angle that is perforated for hanging my new garage heater. The cost of this piece of steel was $19.97!!!!! That is $3.33 per foot. I know that steel prices have risen, but this it off the charts in my mind. Have the steel prices jumped that much or is Lowe's just gouging the customers. The price for a 10' length of 1/2" black iron pipe was $7.80. A couple of years ago it was about $3.00.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Junk,
I haven't priced any of those items lately, but I would imagine you just paid for the convenience of being able to get it around the corner. Anytime I bought anything steel, even before the price hikes, I'd look somewhere else. I know, all you needed was a piece of perforated angle but I'd try to arrange to get it while running other errands so I could go someplace with a decent price.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Lowe's is a lumber yard! Go to a metal supplier or a local machine / fabrication shop. Much better prices. Like free sometimes.