• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

August rv trip

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wall Drug seems to be more of a kids/ woman attraction for sure, although my Grandpa loved it when we were kids.
Glad you had a great time and got home safely with your family, and memories.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If nothing else, wall drug was a good place to stop and stretch the legs after we left Rushmore.

I found this video of the iron mountain highway we drove. Very nice scenery but hard on the nerves and stomach.

https://youtu.be/i13_Ytx5Fv0

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We just began plans for another rv trip in August 2020.

There's a family reunion we're going to attend in Manitoba where we'll be bringing the camper to stay in. Since we're already in Manitoba, instead of heading south again, we want to keep heading west towards the Rockies and in particular banff as well as the Alberta badlands.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We just began plans for another rv trip in August 2020.

There's a family reunion we're going to attend in Manitoba where we'll be bringing the camper to stay in. Since we're already in Manitoba, instead of heading south again, we want to keep heading west towards the Rockies and in particular banff as well as the Alberta badlands.

I'll be interested to see how that trip works out. We've planned a car trip to that region twice but it fell through both times. Third time lucky? Who knows, we might make it before you guys.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've never been further west than Saskatchewan. So we figured since we have the family reunion we may as well keep heading west until we reach the rockies.

We had talked about the east coast this summer but just found out about the reunion so that got put on hold.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. Banff is past Calgary and in what looks like the middle of the Rockies. I bet there are some fantastic sites up there. I'd never heard of Banff till today. I even thought it was a misspelling but google maps helped ensure me you were right on.

I've often thought of trecking to the Canadian Rockies but it would cut into my boating season ...so no plans to visit there at this point. Looking forward to pics from that area.

Quick facts
Banff is a resort town in the province of Alberta, located within Banff National Park. The peaks of Mt. Rundle and Mt. Cascade, part of the Rocky Mountains, dominate its skyline. On Banff Avenue, the main thoroughfare, boutiques and restaurants mix with château-style hotels and souvenir shops. The surrounding 6,500 square kilometres of parkland are home to wildlife including elk and grizzly bears.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Quick facts
Banff is a resort town in the province of Alberta, located within Banff National Park. The peaks of Mt. Rundle and Mt. Cascade, part of the Rocky Mountains, dominate its skyline. On Banff Avenue, the main thoroughfare, boutiques and restaurants mix with château-style hotels and souvenir shops. The surrounding 6,500 square kilometres of parkland are home to wildlife including elk and grizzly bears.

And … it's named after a town in the north-east of Scotland. Just thought that you'd like to know! :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another thing we want to see is the Alberta badlands near drumheller Alberta which isn't too far north of banff.
d4eb58195299b508aa6309af7c6f29d9.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So because of covid and travel restrictions, we had to cancel the family reunion and trip to alberta for this year. The reunion is tentatively scheduled for next year but no details available yet. So we aren't waiting to plan anything.

What we have been talking about and starting to plan is an rv trip to the east coast either traveling through the states if the border is open and things are safe enough to travel or going through Canada both ways. This will be the summer of 2021.

We'd like to do the states one way and Canada the opposite way. But we'll see. Either way, the destination will be nova Scotia and prince Edward Island. I haven't been there in 30 years and my wife has never been.

Obviously lots to see and do along the way on either side of the border.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds like a plan. I hope you make it.

My wife wants to take the RV down to Fredericksburg, Texas in about a month. I want to go and then again I don't. It's a one day drive, about 350 miles but what do you do when you get there? There will be social distancing in the campground and wearing a mask every time you go in to town, wearing a mask in restaurants, breweries and wineries except when you eat, etc., etc. I don't think that it will be much fun. I'm trying to wiggle my way out of it but we'll see.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yah. That would kinda suck. Different for sure. That's why we're content to do the seasonal site all summer for this year. We do every weekend the whole summer at camp. So that's been the extent of any traveling I care to do this year. Hopefully this covid is done by next summer and things open.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yah. That would kinda suck. Different for sure. That's why we're content to do the seasonal site all summer for this year. We do every weekend the whole summer at camp. So that's been the extent of any traveling I care to do this year. Hopefully this covid is done by next summer and things open.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: