• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bad economy = jumping ship???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ??? How many of you jumped ship with the stock market all over the place the last few years ? Did you lose money . More than likely you did ,if you were like most investors who listened to all the hype . I watched and saw many people lose tons of money . WHY ???? The stocks they owned were blue chip . They were dragged down by hi risk crap and junk . That does not mean that the stocks they choose were bad . I deal mostly in blue chip stocks . I make a little money . I don't have big high or lows on the average . Sure I lost money on paper when the market fell ,but I knew that the companies I invested in were good strong companies that could weather the storn and come back .I refused to sell and take a loss . Looking back I was right . I have a friend that keeps telling me how much money I "MUST" have loss in stock investing because the market has been unstable . I just shake my head . He has no idea .
I'm not ready to rub elbows with Bill Gates but I am holding my own ok . My main thought is "If" those people who got nervous and sold at a loss had stayed steady , done their research and kept there stock holdings intact , Would they be better off today ??? I do not know a single person who invested in solid Blue Chips who loss any money these past couple years .My opinion is half these so called experts scare the hell out of the little investor with bad news and drama just to get a temporary fall in some stocks so they can pick them up at a lower price and turn a nice profit when the stock rebounds

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I did ok, I've been buying, and have not sold a thing in 3 years. If I sold it all on Monday, I'd be paying taxes.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I did ok, I've been buying, and have not sold a thing in 3 years. If I sold it all on Monday, I'd be paying taxes.

Smart man .....Now is definately the time to be picking up stocks .

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Never been in it so nothing to get out off. Always felt the stock exchange was a crap shoot at best.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
My portfolio has grown over this "down turn" in the economy.

Proper, professional management is the answer...

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea I lost money but at the time I was sitting with some cash and bought back in so in the end, my losses were minimal if any. I'm still ticking along but like you Al, most of my stuff is invested in good companies. No super highs but no super lows either. No need to sell my wife's jewelery quite yet. :wink:

PS ... I'm not sure about the property part though.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine went down, I held. Most went back up. I did end up selling quite a bit of my stock and moved more into commodities and have been buying/selling real estate.

When I sold the bulk of the stock I was up but I found investments that I preferred more for long term gain and stability. I am still invested in the market, just not as heavily as before.