• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Toyota.

Gina

:yum::yum:

Unfortunately, that is probably a true depiction of what could happen to Toyota drivers.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not true! Mine goes wherever you steer it. But it don't want to stop when the road is rough. Will see what if anything they do on Monday about the ABS system. I am going to make them sign for a copy of my request to disable the ABS and traction control. I have been telling them they are not right and they keep saying that is the way they work. I also filed a complaint with the NHTSA so they might get off their butts about it.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just for that I will bring mine next week if they don't keep it on Monday!

grizzer

Not true! Mine goes wherever you steer it. But it don't want to stop when the road is rough. Will see what if anything they do on Monday about the ABS system. I am going to make them sign for a copy of my request to disable the ABS and traction control. I have been telling them they are not right and they keep saying that is the way they work. I also filed a complaint with the NHTSA so they might get off their butts about it.

The dealer is contractually barred by the manufacturer from re-engineering the car.

There is an ABC news expose that is reallyyyy interesting...

The NHTSA is good, there is also the FMVSS requirements.

Don't beat on the dealer he has no leverage here.

Dont get mad get even -- short Toyota ADR's. :w00t2:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
If only Sushi had been driving his Toyota when he was pulled on his DUI charges hahahaha Sushi you would have been laughing :yum::yum::yum:

no offense intended Sushi...:poke:

redragtop

Funny part of it all is my next vehicle will be a Toyota, just like the last. Next month I will have owned the last Toyota vehicle for 10 years, it has 209000 mile on it and as of the end of December I have put $2000.00 worth of parts into it, not including batteries & tires. Of course this does not include labor, don't need to pay an idiot to do what one can do themselves. I bought this with 7000 miles on it & it is my daily driver, across the field horse chaser, & through the mud & slop flood get it done vehicle. The vehicle I owned before this I bought & drove off the lot with 4 miles on it, will not buy Chevy again new. My rule of thumb is, if I want Chevy, GMC, Ford, or anything else it has to be older than me to even be considered. Just my 2 cents.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The best 4 X 4 I ever owned was a Toyota Land Cruiser, it was replaced by a Land Rover which has been off the road for over 4 months now with an indiagnosed complaint, I have had to buy another car in the mean time. Come back Toyota!! I will NEVER buy another Land Rover.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Had my 2010 Prius in for 15,000 mile service and they have nothing from corporate about what to do with brakes. May just have to put up with it till they debug the software. I hope they don't screw the gas mileage up with the fix.

norscaner

I have owned a new Honda civic, ford 3/4 ton pickup,mitsubishi colt,GMC mini van {fully loaded},then a toyota corolla. Loved the Corolla bought a used 4x4 toyota truck, bought my daughter a corolla then made an awesome deal on a nissan car and kick my ass everytime I have to drive it. I still drive the 92 4x4 every day and wont part with it. So my next vehicle will also be a toyota.
Ps I have driven new fords , chevy's and dodges for work for the last 30 years and wouldn't walk across the road to ever look at owning one of my own.
So when Toyota has a recall no problem just look at the history on the other makes and it will make you realize toyota isn't that bad. :clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear you on the landrover. The old ones were monsters of the bush but now they are so cushy and preppy and full of problems. My boy had one when they were status symbols and it spent more time in the shop than on the road. He sold it after about 4 times and the same problem kept coming back.:hammer:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I am right off Landrovers, I wonder if I will ever see mine again and if so, will it work???