• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

604 thiokol

bobby

Does anybody out there know the napa part number for slave cylinder rebuild kits for this machine I am going to disassemble first and maybe get lucky if not I will go for the megabuck simplex units Bobby :biggrin:

trackmaster

:hammer: Can anyone give me any information on a 604. I am trying to rebuild one and am having problems with carburator. engine will only run if i pump the peddle seems like its not getting fuel.put a kit in carb still does the same thing fuel pump seems to pump fuel really giving me fits?

Tye one on

Don't know much about that cat but I was having a similar problem with a tucker carb, Put a kit in and it still ran like crap. I was told some orphises were probably pluged that I could not get to. I replaced the carb with a rebuild and it ran like a champ. Lesson learned, don't waste time with a kit just replace it or send it in for rebuild.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
your idle circut could be plugged also you could have a nasty vaccuum leak put a gauge on it if your gauge wont hold 15 inches than you have to look for a leak how ever if it's that bad you should hear it hissing

Tye one on

Great advice, I was told the same thing. Mine was definitely idle circut but the air leak was a possibility. Little spray of brake clean around the intake manifold gaskets and base gasket may tell you a lot.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
carb cleaner works better the older brake cleaner is chlorine based and will produce phosgine when burned the new pc brake cleaner is about as flamable as starting fluid another trick is to use a lpg torch and release propane around suspected leaks because lp has such a narrow fuel air window it will burn at it's a relitively safe practice

trackmaster

ya just wanted to say thanks to all that responded about my carb problems with my 604. IT was my carb ordererd rebuilt and runs like a watch.eny body know if the brake band cylinders are rebuildable i have one that leaks thanks again.