• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Kubota RTV for 2008

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kubota is going to have a smaller RTV for 2008. It'll be the RTV500.

Gas powered (with EFI) and small enough to fit in the bed of a pickup.

I don't have any pics or other details yet.

Deerlope

That might be too small for my 6'5" frame. I like the 900 that I have now but would trade up to an 1100 if I could get it without the cab. My dealer says that maybe next year. The 1100 has 19% more torque in the reverse gear.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
The 1100 has 19% more torque in the reverse gear.

Now, this is totally un-scientific, by the seat of my pants, just my opinion etc., but I'd say that it has at least that much more torque period. With aggressive tires there were many times I'd flat run out of power with my RTV900. It had no problems and even had its injection pump turned up as much as possible. It just flat ran out of power at certain times when the tires hooked. So far, I've never had that happen with the RTV1100 in low range; like in the RTV900. The RTV900 was especially bad in reverse. I think it was geared higher in reverse than the 1100. It seems like the 1100 has a noticeable slower top speed in reverse

Other than the problem with the poor weld on the driver's side door and the holes that the tailgate hinge mounts to being located wrong, all else has been fine with the 1100. Hopefully Kubota will get back with me on those things, but so far nothing. :( I fixed the tailgate/bed issue myself so the tailgate wouldn't be supported by only one side, but I think I'll have to refuse to cut the crappy weld off and re-weld it myself.