• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

76 spryte 1200 nube owner

Jess

hey all,
i just bought a 76 spryte 1200 today for pleasure and maybe make a few bucks.
does anyone have any advice for a new owner like things to check, things to keep an eye on, and things like that?
also where can i get a manual for this machine, so i can adjust brakes and such.
it has 45" wide tracks on it , a six way blade, 2 person cab and a flat bed on back.
im assuming 300 ci 6 cylinder with maybe a c4 trans havent craweled under and checked yet.
any way any info would be appreciated

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you made the right choice not a krusty also we like pics they are work better than text for those of us who can't see for service info minnatota out doors or member boggie one in the same

Jess

just out of curiosity whats a "krusty"? ive seen the name thrown around but like you said ,need pictures

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Groomer guy i know you have some entertaining krusty pics saved for just this occasion

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
heres a stupid question how do i upload photos?
You can click on the paper clip next to the smiley at the top and browse to where the pic is located. Select the pic and then click upload. after it is finished loading click the paper clip again and select the picture name. Then finish the post as normal.

Jess

the trans is a ford c6 whats everybody running for fluid type f or mercron?
the tracks are 45" wide with four belts, i was wondering if i could move the grousers inward and remove the outer belt thus narrowing it up a little but i would have more track on the inside of the rollers than the outside so i dont know if that would be harder on the rollers or not. pictures to come this evening:biggrin:

Jess

got the manual, thanks simonallen for that!
my camera on my phone took pictures in larger format than is allowed so thats why there are no photos up....yet. i wish it had slghtly narrower tracks on it so it would be legal to haul down the road right now im a little wide! where and what does everybody use for belting?

spencerhenry

i see wide track sprytes with narrowed tracks frequently. i just wonder why not get a narrow track to begin with, but anyway, it can easily be done. BUT, your blade is still going to be over width isnt it?
your cat is pretty heavy for a spryte i think, the frame has been beefed up and the blade is a custom made one much more heavy duty than original. not sure what your snow conditions are, but a narrow track with extra weight might not be a good combination.

tomelroy

here in utah they sell an annual permit for wide loads for 70 bucks..dont chop up a perfectly good wt ...you will wish you had them when you get in the steep and deep.

Jess

lets see if the pics loaded
2011-12-07 08.04.43.jpg

2011-12-07 08.20.38.jpg

2011-12-11 13.33.08.jpg

2datop

nice pics... enjoy....
and dito tomelroy, don't chop the tracks...
My 1200 is a narrow track, wish I had the wide tracks.

Jess

2datop how wide are your tracks? my manual said the 2 options were 45" which i have and a 36" option. are yours narower than 36"?

ray green

Blade looks like the origional 6 way unit from thiokol and not the valley engineering 12 way that we later used on these units.
Ray