• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ratcliffe snowcat

gs_adventure

pixie - Thanks for the link. From reading the responses does not sound like a good unit. Since the weather here can change so fast and different depths of snow I don't think this would be a reliable snowcat.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
There are much better cats Like a Super Imp that are proven designs! They go rom 18K up to 30K I may be selling mine with the trailer after this season. I need a bigger cat to carry all of our gear (alot of gear)! So far 1,500 lbs of gear and two adults plus 60 gallons of fuel have not been beat this winter in every terrain! Next winter I will carry more equipment for a one shot in deal. If you can find a good one then go for it!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I want to know who appraised this snow cat at 36K? :4_11_9: It has been listed for one day and he turned down 18K? :yum:

To anyone wondering, this is why we on FF question snow cats that show up on ebay and are not substantiated with some type of documentation. Buyers should always be ware as who knows what the restoration that has take 2 people 3 years to complete consists of in reality. This cat shows up in two different listings with different questions and prices in each listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170199224643#description

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Very...oryZ6736QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Question & AnswerAnswered On

Q: what is the top speed, and are the tracks ok to drive on asphalt (to clear snow for example)?

Mar-08-08A: hello, first off ebayers must know i have a local offer of 18k,so i will end the auction last day if ebayers dont stp watching-and start bidding!top speed is a very fast 38mph! for snowplowing you dont use the tracks or all 12 wheels, the power to weight ratio on this thing is amazing!,all ive ever needed to plow any kind of snow is amazing! allyou need is 6x6 mode and a wallet to put all the money you make! the only time you ever need the 12x12 and 36"tracks is if you take off the plow and go backcounty for snowboarding or igloo camping.

Q: would you be interested in trading for elk hunts, if you are unable to hunt in the regular way, we have a hunting ranch in Craig, CO. we also have handicapped hunting, assist with kill and taking care of your animal. Normally runs $2000 for a bull and $1500 for a cow with a discount for additional licenses. Call me or Jim Stehle. my # is 303-842-7918 Jim's is 303-726-5975

Mar-05-08 A: ill trade tou 24000 for thr ratcliffe and brand new trailer...just the ratcliff cost three years of 2 persons lives to restore, and appraised at lowest appraisel of 36,500!!!i dont hunt,but if idid id do it for akot cheaper than that-they stop traffic by the 100's right here in town. ive had this listed for one day and turned down 18k for both bearlirr this a.m. erik

Q: Do you have two of these for bid on Ebay?

Mar-07-08A: NO, THIS IS THE ONLY COMPLETLY RESTORED ONE IN THE WORLD!!!iebay messed up and listed it in two different catagories, when i wanted it listed once and have it in a main catagorie and a sub. HIGHEST BID WINS REGUARDLESS. i have alot of local action on it also due to my location-one persons comming monday with 18,000.00 cash. i doubt if the auction will last much longer-you have to bid to win-and everyones just WATCHING .

Q: Why is this item listed twice on ebay? See item 170199224643 ... Which one are we suppose to bid on???

Mar-06-08A: which ever one between the two is the highest bid wins it-ebay messed up and it was supposed to be listd once with two catagories-they double charged me also. im pretty sure its going to wyoming saturday for 22000.00-so if its removed friday-youll know why. unless you want to offer more ill close the aauction for you. erik 303-961-3506 thanks.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Regardless of the actual cat itself, the owner sounds like a wanker! Ooops...sorry, type-o. ;) I meant banker, with all that big money!!!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Regardless of the actual cat itself, the owner sounds like a wanker! Ooops...sorry, type-o. ;) I meant banker, with all that big money!!!

I'll go along with the "wanker". :stroke: :yankchain: :liar:[/quote

I have met this guy before ,,,,, selling the Radcliffe, all I can say is it was an experience....:yum:

I did not want to be the first to say this about what I seen being posted and presented in the ebay auction......:applause:Makes the honest seller think twice on how to sell a cat to an unsuspecting buyer.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OMG! What an erogent asshole! He had it appriased for $36,500????? Yah right! LMAO! What a used car salesman mentality!

cologero12901

Having owned a Radcliff Hydro and being burned in the process I couldn't let this go without commenting. RUN...RUN as fast as you can from this piece of junk. Brand new they sold with a USED SUBARU engine supposedly rebuilt...NOT....Hydrostatic 6 wheel drive with or without tracks. ALL 6 HUBS cracked the first time we ran it on rubber. Granted each hub had dual wheels and maybe the stress was too much for them ( response from Clay Radcliff who designed this clunker ) but hey I didn't design it I bought it. OK I'll stop now but boy did a whole lot of bad memories come flooding back into the old noggin.

PS. We paid $35,000 new and sold it to a trucker 3 years later who saw it rotting in our parking lot for $350. Radcliff went belly up after the US Park service went after them. We of course got nothing.

Ciao.