• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kids ATV's - CPSC banning due to lead?!?!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There's a new CPSC law that bans kids toys that contain lead.

Well, it doesn't exclude kids ATV's and other motorized vehicles (made for kids up to age 12).

Well, since they have lead in the battery, valve stems and some brake components, the sale of kids ATV's is over in 7 days (until manufacturers can come up with versions that don't contain lead or the law is changed).

Unless the law is changed, I guess I have to keep my kids ATV's forever since it'll be illegal to sell them.

Ummm, kids don't lick ATV engines, brakes or suck on valve stems.

Friggin government...

Local news article

Or do a search for 'CPSC lead law atv' and read any articles.

RedRocker

The bike boards are raising hell over this deal, more fed stupidity. I started to say unbelievable, sad to say it's not.

Jeekinz

The US Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), responding to the threats caused by lead found in children's toys (mostly from China) has implemented broad sweeping product requirements that will make it illegal to sell motorcycles & ATVs targeted to those age 12 and under.

Manufacturers, dealers and parents that ride all understand that kids just don't chew, lick or ingest parts of and/or their motorcycles and ATVs and small displacement motorcycles and ATVs are not just for kids (E.g the Pit Bike Industry, new riders, wives, etc...)

While anything is possible, not all things are likely. So, these requirements defy common sense, will not have a measurable impact on child safety, but will unduly harm the powersports industry during turbulent economic times and will deny our kids and future enthusiasts from participating in a positive and healthy sport and family oriented activity.

This petition will be referenced in a letter written by ThumperTalk.com on behalf of its half a million monthly visitors, used as support in the case to exempt motorcycles and ATVs from these new product requirements. The letter will be submitted to the US CPSC as public testimony concerning this issue.

Sign and send to all you know. We need to show that many others feel the same way about this as we do. Your kids and future riders are depending upon your action today!

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/thumpertalk
progress.gif