• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Now on the third day of mist, drizzle and light rain. I'm bored. At least it warmed up enough so it isn't freezing. The weeds out there are loving it. I can't fill the last of the hog holes. I can't take stuff to the dump because the back of the truck is filled with dirt to fill the hog holes. My life has just come to a dead halt.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had an ice storm here last night.
Woke up to everything in a glaze.
They've cleared the roads.
Some of the surrounding counties have been without power because of trees falling into the lines.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Fighting a cold. Cough cough. Had foster parent training this morning. Came home for a nap. Now at the dentist with one of the kiddies.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Drying to git ober my gold.

On my second bottle of Nyquil.

Ibf I good sell snot I 'd be which. But it'snot

Id's gold outsibe, I'm gold.....

3:30 today I'mb oudda here.

Bamby

Drying to git ober my gold.

On my second bottle of Nyquil.

Ibf I good sell snot I 'd be which. But it'snot

Id's gold outsibe, I'm gold.....

3:30 today I'mb oudda here.

Man I stumbled around and got a laugh out of your post
You seriously need to retire your spellchecker. And here's you feeling better soon. :drink:

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We are now back to super high winds.
45mph sounds horrible slamming against the windows.
Can't wait for Spring.:hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ended up being a busy day. I started with the usual morning routine followed by the gym for an hour then physio. At some point I discovered the 4x4 wasn't fully engaging on the truck. It wouldn't go into 2wd either. I figure it's a vacuum line. So I dropped it off at the dealership. They gave me a rental while they look at it. I got basically the same truck as mine for a rental but not as nice.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Man I stumbled around and got a laugh out of your post
You seriously need to retire your spellchecker. And here's you feeling better soon. :drink:

My spellchecker went schizoid with those two posts.

I'm better today. Still sneezing and coughing.
But I can breathe,,,; sorta.

My dad's Monte Carlo blew a head gasket Monday. Not worth the cost of fixing. But one of the kids at the garage said he could use a good beater. So I'm stopping by tonite to clean the vehicle out and turnover the title.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ow my gawdth. Mummy. I don't feel goodth. I'm thick. My nothe ith awl stuffeded up. I gots me a coldth.

Canadian eh!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Got up this morning and the sky was overcast with a few breaks in the clouds. The temperature was nice, heading towards 70°F. Step outside and the freekin' wind is blowing a gale. So, I'm back to "doing nothing and bored".

The installers are here putting in the new kitchen appliances. I think that I'm going to find something to do outside. I can't stand this.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Much warmer today, nearing 50°.
Busy morning, getting stuff done.
Making a London broil tonight with vegs and Yorkshire puds n gravy.
If the puds fail, I'll hang myself.
:yum:

Not really!
:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
They didn't fail.
I still got it.
:thumbup:

20190214_131123-768x768.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
To the gym, then delivered a Valentine Day present to my girlfriend's house, then shower, lunch, erands, met with some staff at the Methodist hospital with another Veteran to put together a Veterans resource flyer, then to supper at Texas Roadhouse with some friends and to the bar in about 15 minutes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thtill thick. Ugh. Went through a whole box of tissues today. Sitting here watching the duals at Daytona and hoping the second race is more exciting than the first. The only passing occurred in the pits.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally get to sit down for more than 10 minutes. Gym this morning. Then home to start clearing another 4 inches of snow. I got it half done before heading to an appointment. Then home to finish the driveway followed by another appointment. After which I came home to clean up and went out for supper with my wife and oldest son. Busy day. But I like like staying active

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We sent everyone home a noon. Snow started almost immediately after.

We left at 3:00 for the 15 minute commute home. Took two hours. And we called it lucky.

A high stack of split firewood will be consumed this weekend along with coffees, popcorn and a few books I got for Christmas. And the wife winked her "let's snuggle" look.

It's been a while since I've seen that.

Hot Dayum.

Gotta find my vitamins and SUPER beet drink.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Gonna be running saws and making a few brush piles today . We’ve had a couple of ice storms ,and it’s brought down a lot of trees . Today’s weather is 22-32 clouds clearing and no wind ,And ,the ground is frozen . So I can actually get into where I have to cut,and drag without being in a bog and creating more work .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats on being the new addition. No greater gift than grandchildren:heart1:

You got that right.
They bring you back down to earth and test your patience and sanity.
Lol
This will be my son Ty and the Lady Madalyn's production.
ETA - mid October.
:wub:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty much the same thing as yesterday and tomorrow.

Junior Olympics are going on in Denver. I'm home. But I have a vested interest in 6 of the students that are there. So I am sitting and watching the "LIVE FEED" on my computer.

Mateo, one of my Marian kids competed yesterday in CADET MEN'S SABER. It was his first exposure to a national event. Going in I knew he would get slaughtered. He did. No surprise. His whole family went out with high hopes, I tried to lower expectations.

Lexi and Chrissi both compete today in JUNIOR WOMEN'S SABER. Chrissi is there for the fun of it, she is unrated and ranked near the bottom of the field. Lexi is an E rated varsity college fencer and I trained her from day 1. She is not good enough to move up very high but will do better than Chrissi. Both have their families out there and both realistic in their hopes and both will have fun. Both have been there before so they know what it will be like.

Dom competes in CADET MEN'S EPEE, while Lebyron & Kevin compete in JUNIOR MEN'S SABER tomorrow. Dom is actually pretty good, has a C rating, but this is a whole never level of competition for him. Both Kevin & Lebyron are E rated. Both are there for the competition but neither will do very well. I think this is Kevin's 3rd Junior Olympics game. Dom and Lebyron will experience their first.

The competition at this level of an event is so far above our high school conference that when our kids go into the Junior Olympics they are wide eyed and when they come out they feel bloodied and battered. Kevin, Chrissi and Lexi have all been to the JO's before. They understand what they are up against. They are realistic. They will have fun. Dom will see a new world and may actually do better than any of the others.

This is actually the perfect competition for Dasha to attend ... except it is only open to citizens of the USA. She would do very well here. Maybe a medal. Maybe not. But she would do well.

Other than watching the live feed, I'm trying to do some things around the house during the breaks in the action.

Pre-bout photos of Mateo, Lexi & Chrissi

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_687c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_687c.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 57193810732__EA441DBD-7AD7-482D-970D-6B1EB9876641.jpg
    57193810732__EA441DBD-7AD7-482D-970D-6B1EB9876641.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 62

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Today is the day I do the prep work for my Colonoscopy tomorrow. I just ate the light breakfast they told me to eat and now waiting to take the first bottle of cleansing agent. :yum:

Gonna be a fun day I can tell. Glad I stocked up on the Charmin. :yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is the day I do the prep work for my Colonoscopy tomorrow. I just ate the light breakfast they told me to eat and now waiting to take the first bottle of cleansing agent. :yum:

Gonna be a fun day I can tell. Glad I stocked up on the Charmin. :yum:
For my first colonoscopy I thought I can't eat again till after the procedure so I better load up. So I did. OMG what an idiot I am. :bonk:
Once you start drinking that prep you don't want to eat. It is the farthest thing from your mind. 2nd time I did as recommended and ate light and the prep was still not fun but was not near as bad. What goes in must come out. The less in the easier on you. LOL Good luck with the procedure TR!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, Butch. Good luck with the procedure.

I was going to attend church this morning, but sleep called more than the Lord.

Today I'll visit the sons and grandkids.
Jeff is coming back after a wild weekend in West Virginia.
I guess the bird isn't nesting on her eggs since last Friday, according to a friend who stayed in his apartment.
So.. probably no birdies hatching this week as we'd hoped.
Elaina has been asking for Nana.:wub:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, Butch. Good luck with the procedure.

I was going to attend church this morning, but sleep called more than the Lord.

Today I'll visit the sons and grandkids.
Jeff is coming back after a wild weekend in West Virginia.
I guess the bird isn't nesting on her eggs since last Friday, according to a friend who stayed in his apartment.
So.. probably no birdies hatching this week as we'd hoped.
Elaina has been asking for Nana.:wub:

Thank you. I took my bottle of Magnesium Citrate at 11:00. That is some foul stuff right there, but I took it the Irish way with a shot of Jack Daniels. Just kidding of course. Waiting patiently for the fun to begin. At 5:00 I need to mix a 14 oz bottle of Miralax with a half gallon of non colored GatorAde. That should be a charmer. I detest that damn sugar water Gatorade as it is. Then for dessert I need to pop two Dulcolax tablets. Ahhh, shit. No pun intended. :yum::yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.