• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

An Open Letter To Republicans......

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I posted this on A Tea Party Facebook page.

An open letter to republicans.

To whom it may concern,

We The People voted in November and gave you control of both houses of Congress and the White House. Many promises were made by those running for office that things would change if only republicans won the elections. Well seven months have past and the only one keeping their promises is President Trump.

President Trump now has to fight not only a hostile media, along with butt hurt democrats, but also many republicans like the ass wipe John McCain.
I swore, back when republicans ran Romney that I would never vote for republicans again, but I held my nose and in 2016 I voted for republicans again in the hopes that this time would be different and that they would actually keep their promises. Well, they are not only NOT keeping their promises, they are working against the President and helping to keep many of the obama administrations unConstitutional rules and regulations in place.

As far as I'm concerned the republican party is no better than the democrats they are a bunch of lying sacks of shit and come 2018 I suspect you will lose both houses because people like me are so fed up with your lies that they will sit at home, unwilling to vote for your lying asses again.

The swamp certainly needs to be drained, and I would hope President Trump starts with the lying assholes in the republican party.

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
McCain is a disgrace to the state of Arizona.
I am ashamed that I voted for him.
He is a walking example of why we need term limits.
His genuine war hero past shouldn't excuse his current blunders.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
War hero?....there was a reason he was refered to as cannary John..

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Depending on your point of view, John McCain may or may not be a war hero but one thing is certain, he has ridden that title for the past 44-years years to his enrichment ... not ours. Lets be honest about this, Trump got it right, he's a "hero" because he was captured and survived the Hanoi Hilton. I may be wrong but I don't recall anything in his record prior to, or subsequent to that event, that would earn him the title of "hero".

By the way, I totally agree with the comments in the original post.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that McCain is gone, all of a sudden the perception of him is changed?

Seems to happen every time a 'famous' person dies.

All their sins and ill conceived actions are wiped clean by the media, politicians, etc.

Personally my opinion has not changed. I wished him no ill will nor death upon him but I didn't and still don't like him. He should have retired long long ago. On the bright side the AZ governor will appoint someone to replace him and that can only be an improvement.

Bamby

I'll join you Bob the world could be a better place by remembering McCain for who he really was.

Everyone is fawning over the deceased Senator from Arizona.

I will not be joining the party.

In fact, in my considered opinion he lived too long and the world is better for his passing.

Yeah, call me an *******. I don't care; I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are.

I don't base my view on his military service, nor on him being held in the Hanoi Hilton (or what he did while there.) I've commented on that before during his Presidential run on these pages but it is neither the foundation of my extreme dislike of the man nor does it really modify anything, other than reinforce my basic opinion.

In my opinion John McCain was a self-serving bastard who didn't give a damn who got hurt or who he screwed as long as whatever he intended to do could advance what he wanted to obtain.

He ditched his first wife, who stayed faithfully married while he served and was imprisoned. However, when she suffered a grievous accident through no fault of her own and was no longer pretty and thus not the sort of woman that a successful politician would want be seen with in public from a physical beauty perspective (as I judge to be his opinion, of course), and she never had been nor was at the time rich, he dumped her on his return to the United States for a women much younger, far prettier, uninjured, and an heiress who had a crap-ton of money to bankroll the start of his political aspirations.

If all that time apart had simply made for irreconcilable differences that might be able to be understood. The raw power-seeking aspirational nature of who he hooked up with, however, never mind the timing and manner of his acts in that regard is quite another matter and belies both McCain's true intent and willingness to leave as much human wreckage behind as was necessary so long as he got what he wanted.

For that alone, in my opinion, John McCain deserves to burn in Hell.

Through his time in the House and Senate and indeed during his run for President he may have been known as a "maverick" but I think the better phrase to describe him is corrupt bastard. May I remind you of Lincoln Savings and Loan, and the "Keating Five"?

In 1987 these men, McCain among them, got involved in a regulatory action against said bank on behalf of the Chairman and improperly intervened. Two years later the bank collapsed, costing the federal government over $3 billion. But far worse was the impact on bondholders and investors, many of whom were completely wiped out and left destitute. Keating had made massive political contributions to all five. While McCain escaped formal sanction by the Senate this was largely because he had taken office in the Senate after the salient events regarding those financial matters and thus the ethics committee claimed to lack jurisdiction. The House Ethics committee ducked it as well, since he was now a Senator (despite having been in the House when the financial events happened.) Fortuitous? I suppose, but evading sanction by a bunch of limp-wristed worthless, corrupt cucks is not the same thing as not having done anything wrong.

Oh, and in the aftermath there were of course leaks intended to harm..... other politicians involved who happened to be Democrats. The GAO investigated and concluded McCain was responsible. Of course nobody thinks that's a problem -- right? Yet another example of "I don't give a damn who I burn as long as I get what I want." That's McCain for 'ya.

This pattern of leaks was to continue up until very recently -- from McCain. It's funny how when you look at the Press though, or through Google, all you find in the search is leaks about McCain -- specifically, the leaked comment from the West Wing a few months ago that someone was glad he was dying. Gee, where are all the other leaks that McCain himself committed along with improper influence and abuse of his office? Buried down the memory hole, I see..... but the Keating incident, being infamous enough, is still findable if you know where to look.

Then there's the underhanded and arguably felonious urging of the IRS to use audits to destroy political opponents that came out of his Senatorial office -- including, specifically, Tea Party groups during Obama's Presidency. His staff was caught doing it and proof is now out in the open in Judicial Watch's hands. For that crap, in my view, he should be indicted, tried and hanged. Of course you can't hang a dead person, so I guess this one goes to the guy in the Red Suit to adjudicate.

Of course it would be ridiculous to omit McCain's apparent involvement in the Steele Dossier. While the book has not been closed on that as of this point it appears that taken as a whole the entire charade was an outrageously illegal act intended to overthrow the results of a Presidential election and McCain's motive for being involved in it certainly looks like pure, unbridled hatred. I'm not sure I can actually count the number of likely felonies that will get tallied up when all is said and done on this and in any event that's another one for the guy in the Red Suit since you can't indict a dead man.

I should also point out McCain's trademark and decades-long condescending manner of speech. In 2008, during the middle of the financial meltdown and an election season, he excused the banksters who ripped off the country and then voted for TARP. When called on this the condescension came thick and fast, burying any criticism under the old I'm smart, you're dumb, now shut the **** up and get out of here tone of voice.

We'll top this off with McCain's long and sordid history of war-mongering but for those who are dead, too numerous to count as a consequence, it's certainly not last. His advocacy and acts in this regard during his time in government have been incessant, outrageous, in many case based on lies and have gotten a lot of people killed. I'm the first one to defend America but advocacy for wars and military actions that have no defined goals, no stated point at which they can be called at an end and at best a compromised justification (e.g. the Second Iraq incursion) are another matter. We'll let the red suit guy adjudicate that one as well.

Rest in pieces, jackass -- let's see how the Ethics Committee of One passes judgement and unlike House and Senate committees he doesn't seem very amenable to mealy-mouthed excuses.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Dont think so!!!! Not from where I stand...I wonder what 100+ men from the Forestall would say? Maby they are having their say about now.....Getting warm...Cannary?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't changed my opinion of McCain at all. What I have done is reverted to, "Thou shall speak no ill of the dead". He's gone, let him go and let's move on but if some want to turn him in to a saint on his death …. fuck NO!!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I haven't changed my opinion of McCain at all. What I have done is reverted to, "Thou shall speak no ill of the dead". He's gone, let him go and let's move on but if some want to turn him in to a saint on his death …. fuck NO!!!!

My sentiments precisely.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
On our cooking forum, one of the less frequent visitors made a post about his death.
I simply thanked it and said nothing.
We don't do politics there.
Didn't want him to feel ignored though.
:unsure:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
On our cooking forum, one of the less frequent visitors made a post about his death.
I simply thanked it and said nothing.
We don't do politics there.
Didn't want him to feel ignored though.
:unsure:

Exactly! Mixing politics and food is a great way to lose your appetite. :yum: