• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Custom built Max IV Snow Cat

katone216

Max custom built snow cat. Built on a Max IV chassis. 24 HP water cooled Kawasaki engine (very low hrs.) T20 trans. (rebuilt) Aluminum cab Front and rear seat Cab heater 18" Argo tracks New clutch New chains New heavy duty front and rear axles New tires 2 speed wiper, Radio, CD player, Rear hitch Top speed 20 mph Great for cabin access or ice fishing. 5 foot 7 inches tall. 6 feet wide. 8 feet long. It weighs about 1000lbs The tracks are 18" wide wheel base is 58"', so about 70" of track on the ground. Discounted because of a cracked drivers side window Asking price: $10,900. Located at Strawberry Reservoir Front.jpg

max 001.jpg

max 005.jpg

max 009.JPG

Side.jpg, Utah. For further details call 801-573-7305.

akmountaineer

Good job with the cab build, it looks nice. Did the factory wheel spacers provide enough clearance for the 18" Argo tracks?

akmountaineer

For those wondering about the performance of the Max IV, they are a great small machine that is easy to transport and very effective in the right conditions. I use mine when a full size cat is not needed and snow conditions are firm. I have had it in several feet of light powder and literally run circles around stuck snowmobiles. That being said, they are best in dense snow conditions and flat terrain. They would be great for just about anything east of the Rockies. The machine will not climb hills in soft snow well, which is it's major weakness where a larger machine will shine.

katone216

akmountaineer, the wheel spacers have been fine for the Argo tracks. No problems so far. It's been a great little machine. We'll be sorry to see her go.

wade2367

We have seen this machine in action traveling the trails at Strawberry.
It is even parked in a heated garage between uses! :smile: